Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: is it worth my time...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is this website active enough to make it worth posting all of my collection and trying to sell them individually or should i just use ebay? i started uploading afew the other day but its so tedious, i dont want to take the time to upload them on this site if no one really buys from here. anyone have any feedback about selling cards over beckett.com?
Its always worth it man. We are all here looking for the next best card in our collections. I don't sell on here cause I really don't know how. But I do buy from time to time. I love seeing others collections, cause it gives me ideas. Its always worth showing off your collection, it gives us all something to talk about. Yes I know the traffic on the bball side is slow. But every since I've came back its been all bball related. So I do my best to sing along on here as well. We owe it to ourselves and to the hobby.
(05-15-2012, 10:20 PM)mcp33n Wrote: [ -> ]is this website active enough to make it worth posting all of my collection and trying to sell them individually or should i just use ebay? i started uploading afew the other day but its so tedious, i dont want to take the time to upload them on this site if no one really buys from here. anyone have any feedback about selling cards over beckett.com?
I would say if your looking to just sell then go to Ebay but if your looking to Join a community of other people who Enjoy card Collecting then this is the place for you. Most of us are willing to buy, Trade, Sell, Discuss,or even Help/Give advice about anything and everything.

Organizing can be a Hassel when you first sign up but once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature and is really easy.

welcome to the Beckett community.

It is hard to sell on this site. But if you take the time to upload the cards to your ORG or post a list of type of cards you have.. then Beckett Members can contact you on what they might interested in.

Beckett rules state that you must have a credit/debit card on file to sale, since they want a small portion of the sale.

Are you only looking for sale? What year cards do you have? Players?
How rude of me...lol not to say welcome to the beckett site. Here I am assuming you've been on here for months or somethin...lol sorry about and of you have any questions please feel to anyone on these boards.
If you have any Bulls patch cards I will buy them...
I am also looking for lazar hayward, steve novak, and wesley matthews rookie cards...
all of my cards are late 80's-1997. have thousands n thousands that i want to sell in bulk. tons of rookies, few autograph cards. the way i collected was picking players i liked so i have tons of cards for specific players including: Shaq, hakeem olajuwon, alonzo mourning, larry johnson, michael jordan, scottie pippen, rodman, karl malone, john stockton, shawn kemp, gary payton, david robinson, jerry stackhouse, patrick ewing, reggie miller, grant hill.. few others. im going to scan my pages and share pics instead of typing it all out. if there's someone specific your looking for msg me and i'll get those cards together and send you a email or something with pics of the scanned cards so you can see quality. i have 2 boxes of random cards mostly classic rookie cards and random topps/skybox/upperdeck/collectors choice/ect. that i would like to get rid of all together if anyones looking for bulk cards to resell or to finish off completing sets. complete sets i have with certificate of authenticity are: 92 larry johnson front row 10 card set, 91 dikembe mutombo 7 card set front row collectors club with charter member gold seal on back, 92 front row draft picks gold 100 card set, 95 kevin garnett signature rookies autobilia promo set, 96 USA basketball upper deck with all parallels(at least i think its everything printed for that group, i was young when i bought it but it came in a sealed plastic box along with the womens national team cards for that year). i have 2 binders of baseball cards i dont care about and want to get rid of cheap and a few pages of football/hockey cards also. my boxes of cards i want to get rid of asap also so i'll sell them for like $.10 each or something reasonable and im open to any offers. have some oversized cards and nba jam session cards(about 30?) with a few popup cards. the only becketts i have are from 96 n 97 so i cant really price them accurately but im alright with giving people good deals. im planning on selling my collections in the next 2 weeks on here/ebay/craigslist so if you think i might have something you want let me know soon. my email is moo_man66@hotmail.com if its easier to communicate through emails. thanks for your help/time ^_^
im going to upload some pics tomorrow morning of my players and of the boxes to show you size/amount. i spent thousands collecting but unfortunately i have to get rid of them.. if you want everything i have i was asking on craigslist 400 obo for everything including the binders/plastic pages/hard plastic cases/old becketts. all of my cards(except one micheal jordan card that got bit by my dog on the top left corner) are in perfect condition. i took care of them and they look the same as they did the day i bought them.

pics i'll upload tomorrow
-2 baseball binders full of cards, 3-5 pages of football/hockey cards in them also.
-1 ultra pro basketball collectors trading card padded binder
-1 binder with more basketball cards i couldnt fit into the padded binder
-2 boxes with 2000+ cards(rough est. might be alot more/little less i'll let you decide from pics)
-3 basketball becketts 96-98 (not that they are worth anything)
-Mariners magazine first ever post season edition from 95 plus a card of every player on the team that yr(random cards) gift from my g-ma that id like to go somewhere it'll be appreciated

whoevers interested in baseball cards i'll throw in my boise hawks fleer pro cards from 1993 i have in a hard plastic case(i dont think it has any actual value maybe im wrong though?)
I would love to see what Karl Malone cards you have.
Welcome and hope you'll find your way around here. I'm always interested in seeing what Rodmans you have.
honestly, if youre looking to mostly sell, go on ebay. as stated, if you want to be part of a good collecting community and do some trading, this is a good place to be.
Pages: 1 2