Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: what box should i get?!?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, tax return came, and do to my recent personal unpleasantness, I want to bust some wax. What do you guys recommend breaking? I'm considering just doing a box of Series 1 and 2 so I can do my sets, but I like expensive things! Any opinion will be considered! Let the debate begin!
If i were you, Wait a week or 2 and bust some Titanium!!! The rookie chase cards in that set will be epic... im doing an 8 box case as soon as im able!
(05-12-2012, 09:08 PM)nemesis77777 Wrote: [ -> ]If i were you, Wait a week or 2 and bust some Titanium!!! The rookie chase cards in that set will be epic... im doing an 8 box case as soon as im able!
....is that really expensive? lol like a box? lol (sorry I'm card sorting right this second so I can't look it up xP)
$100 a box. so far. but i reckon (and im usually WRONG lol) the value of this stuff will go up....
I would go with something from ITG.
Looking for....overall value? Rookies? Person collection stuff? Memorabilia? So many variables.

Here's my 11-12 experience thus far:

Series 1 + 2 = always solid and fun, plenty of rookies and jerseys. Series 2 has way more fun stuff.
Crown Royale = you would do well to avoid this.
SPGU = you would do well to avoid this.
Certified = fun breaks if you like various autos and memorabilia.
Black Diamond = good assortment, plenty of rookies.
Haven't dipped into SPX.

If you go back to 10-11, Contenders is hands down my favorite, especially if you can get it at a reasonable price. Ditto for Series 1.
I agree with nemesis, I would wait around 2 weeks for Titanium ($100/box) and break some of that. Should be highly collectible, and even though the boxes aren't crazy expensive, seems like they can yield some really heavy hitters. Also seems like it should be more fun than a lot of what's floating around right now.
Never knew titanium was that sought after... personally id buy crown or BTP's. series 1 & 2 just arent fun for me and I stay far away from black diamond ackkkk...
+1 for titanium, otherwise Id wait
or buy something game-used.... like gloves, or a jersey.. I know someone who has a bunch of Wings stuff to move! ha ha
Pages: 1 2