Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Ebay Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I had a weird situation occur and I am not really sure what to do. I bought a card on 4/15 and after 6 days of no communication or no indication of shipping I emailed the seller. He said he was on vacation and forgot to send my card and that he would send it out soon. He also asked me if I wanted a refund instead and I said no I dont mind waiting. No big deal, I am fine with this. This was on 4/22.

Then after several more days 4/28 I email him again, but this time no response. I look at the card today and a refund was issued. I never said I wanted this and specifically said I did not. The card was a $25 Jordan card that I won for a dollar...

My question is this, should I leave feedback? I may be wrong but it feels as if the seller did not want to part with the $25 dollar MJ card for only a buck....as he made a comment in the first email how I was getting such a great deal. I feel as is at least neutral feedback is justified as this was not communicated with me....what do you think?

Here is the original email I got from the seller

" im very sorry i am out of town on work and i missed your item i can refund or send out just let me know it is a very good deal you got if you want shipped i will ship right out sorry i lost track "
You hit it on the head. He didn't want to let it go for $1. I would leave him negative feedback for sure.
(05-01-2012, 03:10 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: [ -> ]You hit it on the head. He didn't want to let it go for $1. I would leave him negative feedback for sure.
Okay, thanks. I hate jumping to conclusions. I paid for the card on 4/15 and it is now 5/1 and still no item and very little communication. I hate leaving negative feedback, but seems like this is justified, or so I feel....
It is justified. You have given the buyer ample time to communicate and resolve the issue and he has failed to do so. Receiving a refund is not a solution if it is not what you requested and he is doing it so he can selfishly keep the card under the guise of customer service. Do what you feel I right but I wouldn't hesitate. What is the eBay user's name?
(05-01-2012, 03:26 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: [ -> ]It is justified. You have given the buyer ample time to communicate and resolve the issue and he has failed to do so. Receiving a refund is not a solution if it is not what you requested and he is doing it so he can selfishly keep the card under the guise of customer service. Do what you feel I right but I wouldn't hesitate. What is the eBay user's name?
Yeah, I agree. I emailed him voicing my concern and basically said how is this going to be resolved besides the fact I got my money back which I did not. If I do not hear back from him negative feedback will be left. The crazy thing is he has 100% feedback and no signs of negative transactions......
That is weird...
im one of those folks that doesnt believe in negatives unless the auction was misadvertised and no action was taken to rectify it

while you are justified in leaving a neg or nuetral...me? id leave the positive with a truthful comment and bang his stars on communication and shipping speed
That's another option but I don't think it would keep him from doing it again to another buyer. Again, a matter of opinion. Do what you are comfortable with...
I'd wait until he responds to your last e-mail. Sometimes people need to receive negative feedback. If he just decided to blow you off then it's deserved. I do understand jacoby's stance, but when I look at feedback I don't read to much of the positives. I want to see who wasn't satisfied with the seller. I also take into count if the people that leave the neg is new or a vet, and what was actually said. Sometimes it's hard to find out who was dissatisfied if they left positive feedback. Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding.
if i were in the situation, i would leave neutral and explain what happened in the comments.
Pages: 1 2