Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Ebay Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(05-01-2012, 06:51 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: [ -> ]if i were in the situation, i would leave neutral and explain what happened in the comments.
This is the way i would go..

My Comment would say something like Seller had Sellers Remorse. Won this item and paid Right away and The Seller never sent my Item after a Week i contacted him and he said he would but never did then Refunded me with explaination.
Well I got a respnose from him today. Apparently he is still gone with work and that his wife sent the card. His emails are very vague so I am not sure when the card was sent. I agree with Jacoby in the fact that i have a hard time leaving negative...especially when he has 100%. I will be specific and give him the appropriate grade for his sub scores. The big thing is I simply want the card because I am buidling the set and I got a good deal on it.

The biggest thing that I have with the entire situation is principle. I hate how I HAD to email him to learn the situation. Even if I am one day later than I wanted to send my cards out, I let the people know. Even if the auction ended on a Monday and I ship on a Tuesday I let them know this. I just get annoyed that poeple cannot email you to let you know the situation until you send them an email first. Frustrating!
(05-01-2012, 06:51 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: [ -> ]if i were in the situation, i would leave neutral and explain what happened in the comments.
Yeah I'll +1 that. That's probably what I'd do as well.
Lol. Well I guess I'm the a-hole. Smile
I hate when sellers take forever to ship cards or any item.. hate it when they do not check their emails for days & I have to send multiple emails asking for the same thing (status?)... The last seller I had problems with never responded to my 3 emails... so I waited until he listed new auctions. I emailed him regarding how to pay on a card that had a start bid of $100. he responded very quickly... gave a story about how he had a death in the family. took him over 3 weeks to tell me this. I feel sorry for the death, but anybody that is trying to sell online or run an online business (even irt, trades).. they should take the time to email those that are awaiting to receive the items they bought. No reason it should take two weeks to respond to an email that was sent out 4 days after card was purchased. Most of my cards bought in the US are received within 3-4 days after shipping (first class mail). I live in San Diego, Ca.. even from the east coast, it takes about 4 days... unless bad weather (snow, hurricanes, ect), which I do check the weather reports daily.

I decided to leave positive feedback, because I think he'll take my advice to heart. he was a junior seller (70 something transactions).. he sounded like he had remorse, when he did finally reply to my emails. I left low feedback in all the subcategories & left the remarks "seller does not respond to emails. 3 weeks to ship" he wrote me latter, complaining about the feedback, but hey, he should of had the courtesy to let me know there will be a delayed shipment. I am reasonable & can understand people's troubles and/or situations that come up in life. but those that do not communicate get no love from me!!

by the way, if the seller's wife shipped the card.... did she ship it in a PWE? I hope not..
(05-01-2012, 10:18 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: [ -> ]I hate when sellers take forever to ship cards or any item.. hate it when they do not check their emails for days & I have to send multiple emails asking for the same thing (status?)... The last seller I had problems with never responded to my 3 emails... so I waited until he listed new auctions. I emailed him regarding how to pay on a card that had a start bid of $100. he responded very quickly... gave a story about how he had a death in the family. took him over 3 weeks to tell me this. I feel sorry for the death, but anybody that is trying to sell online or run an online business (even irt, trades).. they should take the time to email those that are awaiting to receive the items they bought. No reason it should take two weeks to respond to an email that was sent out 4 days after card was purchased. Most of my cards bought in the US are received within 3-4 days after shipping (first class mail). I live in San Diego, Ca.. even from the east coast, it takes about 4 days... unless bad weather (snow, hurricanes, ect), which I do check the weather reports daily.

I decided to leave positive feedback, because I think he'll take my advice to heart. he was a junior seller (70 something transactions).. he sounded like he had remorse, when he did finally reply to my emails. I left low feedback in all the subcategories & left the remarks "seller does not respond to emails. 3 weeks to ship" he wrote me latter, complaining about the feedback, but hey, he should of had the courtesy to let me know there will be a delayed shipment. I am reasonable & can understand people's troubles and/or situations that come up in life. but those that do not communicate get no love from me!!

by the way, if the seller's wife shipped the card.... did she ship it in a PWE? I hope not..
I just wonder how honest people truly are. I too get caught up in situations like a death or someone that is disabled, etc. I am a trustworthy person and I assume most people are too. I wonder if that is actually the chase though...
Nick hope you dont mind me Highjacking your thread Wink

Im having a little problem with a seller right now.. A couple nights back I won 3 Auctions from a Seller since he said he combines shipping. well its been almost 48 Hours and he hasnt sent me my Updated Invoice with the combined Shipping.. After 24 hours(yesterday evening) i Messaged him but havent gotta a Response yet.

I know im jumping the Gun a little bit here but any opinions on what i should do if he doesnt update my shipping charges or contacts me in the next Couple days..
(05-02-2012, 12:53 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Nick hope you dont mind me Highjacking your thread Wink

Im having a little problem with a seller right now.. A couple nights back I won 3 Auctions from a Seller since he said he combines shipping. well its been almost 48 Hours and he hasnt sent me my Updated Invoice with the combined Shipping.. After 24 hours(yesterday evening) i Messaged him but havent gotta a Response yet.

I know im jumping the Gun a little bit here but any opinions on what i should do if he doesnt update my shipping charges or contacts me in the next Couple days..
I always give them a certain timeframe. Ex: If the seller expects payment within 3 days, then I will try to move forward in the process on the 4th day. If the seller doesn't have a payment timeframe then I normally will give them 7 days. After 7 days I would try to get eBay involved to speed up the process.
Once I received a package in the mail the contained a "x/5" card I had nearly forgotten about. I had written it off for gone, but it finally came in about a year late. I have used the bay less frequently since then.

JonathanI
Pages: 1 2