Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: beckett pricing 3 months behind?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i was puttin a offer on a card that was listed for double what bv was and the seller said that "pricing" was 3 months behind. am i bloody stupid or something , could some1 please shed some light on how this could even be possible, im gettin frustrated with buyers and sellers lately and am close to just burning the lot in the fire pit.
it sux when its not bfun anymore, HELP!
I was actually looking at a May Beckett guide today and their pricing is correct for some stuff and WAY off on others. I have cards that dropped to $15 in my march guide, but is worth $40 still here. Lots of odd stuff. I have $25 cards here worth $15 in the guide. (and it's not the mint premium for listing them as 9's)
thats strange

i ditched the printed guide...with the online subscription if i really want to see prices wherever i go access to the internet is so portable its just not worth the cost of the paper copy.
I came across it at the grocery store and though "what the hell" I didn't think it would run me $15! what a joke! I remember when they were $5. If anyone collects Iginla, Lundqvist, Kadri/Scrivens/Frattin, Gordie Howe and Cam Fowler, the May beckett is NOT going to be good to you
(04-26-2012, 10:04 PM)ntgsportscards Wrote: [ -> ]I was actually looking at a May Beckett guide today and their pricing is correct for some stuff and WAY off on others. I have cards that dropped to $15 in my march guide, but is worth $40 still here. Lots of odd stuff. I have $25 cards here worth $15 in the guide. (and it's not the mint premium for listing them as 9's)
OK, i can see that being in a sense that values decrease by 50%
on some cards in some cases.
im trying to buy a 2009-10 Cup Steven Stamkos John Tavares Dual Rookie RC Auto #31/35, bv says 120.00, and hes saying that pricing
is 3 months behind. not to mention he said he bought it for 125.00.
seems to me hes trying to pull a fast one considering becketts
supposed to be the most trusted in the hobby.
I think most of the prices are too high at any time. I cannot think of the last time I paid "Beckett price" for any card.
The listed values in the paper guide are three months behind... when it comes to new sets. They are usually up to two months behind when something drops. If you were to see a listed value of a card drop here in the OPG, then that drop would be reflected in the next printed issue of Beckett. It all depends on how close to the publication release date you currently are. Let me just say this... YOU are right about the card you have in question. It did not go up, and I think that the seller might be trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Stammer's cards still have not moved (he's still not popular, right?) for some weird reason. Hope that this helps.

Randi
remember it is a just a guide, I got the online package sometimes the prices are not updated the way we think but they do get it updated.

(04-27-2012, 12:13 AM)dam1057 Wrote: [ -> ]I think most of the prices are too high at any time. I cannot think of the last time I paid "Beckett price" for any card.
for some cards I have paid over beckett, then again those are the white whales
(04-27-2012, 08:08 AM)rayeates Wrote: [ -> ]The listed values in the paper guide are three months behind... when it comes to new sets. They are usually up to two months behind when something drops. If you were to see a listed value of a card drop here in the OPG, then that drop would be reflected in the next printed issue of Beckett. It all depends on how close to the publication release date you currently are. Let me just say this... YOU are right about the card you have in question. It did not go up, and I think that the seller might be trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Stammer's cards still have not moved (he's still not popular, right?) for some weird reason. Hope that this helps.

Randi
thanks for your advice randi, i checked 2 other price publications
one said 125.00 the other was 202.00, offer was 175, 55 over beckett
so i declined. really appreciate your opinions guys as ive only been back in the hobby since the new year after a 16yr break and have
been on a vertical learning curve for the past 4 months.

(04-27-2012, 11:33 AM)705-janveaux Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for your advice randi, i checked 2 other price publications
one said 125.00 the other was 202.00, offer was 175, 55 over beckett
so i declined. really appreciate your opinions guys as ive only been back in the hobby since the new year after a 16yr break and have
been on a vertical learning curve for the past 4 months.
Glad that I could have been of any assistance! It's too bad that you could not work out a deal for the card, but maybe the next one you find will be better priced! Best luck in your searches, and if I can give you a hand in any way, please do not hesitate to ask!

Randi