Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT: The official 2012 draft discussion thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I did this last year and it was pretty cool so I thought I would do it again. We already have our Beckett mock draft thread which can be found here:

courtesy of bostonsports1

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-149...age-1.html

The draft starts at 7pm Central time. I hope to see everyone here for instant reactions and maybe some bragging lol.

Note: Last year I did pretty awful. I got most of the picks wrong but who cares its all for fun anyways lol.

Since we know the first 2 picks I will add them now and will add them as they come in.

Round 1

1. Colts - Andrew Luck
2. Redskins - Robert Griffin III
3. Browns - Trent Richardson
4. Vikings - Matt Kalil
5. Jaguars - Justin Blackmon
6. Cowboys - Morris Claiborne
7. Buccaneers - Mark Barron
8. Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill
9. Panthers - Luke Kuechly
10. Bills - Stephon Gilmore
11. Chiefs - Dontari Poe
12. Eagles - Fletcher Cox
13. Cardinals - Michael Floyd
14. Rams - Michael Bockers
15. Seahawks- Bruce Irvin
16. Jets - Quentin Coples
17. Bengals - Dre Kirkpatrick
18. Chargers - Melvin Ingram
19. Bears - Shea McClellin
20. Titans - Kendall Wright
21. Cheatriots - Chandler Jones
22. Browns - Brandon Weeden
23. Lions - Riley Reiff
24. Steelers - David DeCastro
25. Cheatriots - Dont'a Hightower
26. Texans - Whitney Mercilus
27. Bengals - Kevin Zeitler
28. Packers - Nick Perry
29. Vikings - Harrison Smith
30. 49ers - A.J. Jenkins
31. Buccaneers - Doug Martin
32. Giants - David Wilson
phins trade up to number 1 and draft RGIII?????? Really?.... Smile I can dream can't I?
Meanwhile in Jetsland...I'm dreaming of Melvin Ingram staying in New York. Mike Tannenbaum has a crafty trade up his sleeve again!!
I heard the falcons drafted Asante Samuel in the 7th round. Wink

Not bad mr irrelevant pickup I might say.
Yup that was yesterday...they started a little early I guess!!! I would draft him in the 7th all day ... but how many millions does atlanta have to pay?
(04-26-2012, 01:53 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: [ -> ]phins trade up to number 1 and draft RGIII?????? Really?.... Smile I can dream can't I?
I think we would have to give up 5 or 6 #1 picks to do so and Im not sure its worth it at that point. I would like to take Justin Blackmon but I dont think he will last til 8 and trading up doesnt make much sense since we have more holes than swiss cheese.

I think Reily Reiff is the route to go. Our entire O-line would be stacked for years.
(04-26-2012, 02:11 PM)ugameck Wrote: [ -> ]I heard the falcons drafted Asante Samuel in the 7th round. Wink

Not bad mr irrelevant pickup I might say.
Crazy to think how a player of his caliber goes for a 7th round pick!!!
I have no idea which way Carolina is going to go tonight. I think they have it narrowed to Cox,Coples and Kuechly. Maybe Gilmore too. Wouldnt be surprised if we move down.
(04-26-2012, 02:14 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: [ -> ]Crazy to think how a player of his caliber goes for a 7th round pick!!!
They probably decided with Nnamdi and DRC they didn't need a 3rd #1 CB so rather than just release him they got something. Other teams probably figured Samuel would be on the market soon so they didn't offer anything... GREAT pickup for the Falcons.
Im hoping my Pack can get OG Peter Kontz from Wisconsin or a good safety (if ones available) since ted thompson decided to make a bad defense even worse by releasing S Nick Collins.

As for my AFC team, the Jags, I hope they can nab either Mark Barron or Michael Floyd! Smile
Lol I just hope the Rams draft someone worthy of even attempting to collect!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19