Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Penny sleeves that damage cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has it also been your experience that a good fraction of the penny sleeves that you buy in a 100 pack have these little tiny "specks" or "knots" inside the pocket where the surface would touch the cards? It is difficult for me to scan what I mean precisely so bear with me.

The problem lies with the fact that when these sleeved cards are placed in a top loader these knots in question press against the card, often leaving a very tiny indentation on the surface as a result. I have tried a couple brands myself, including Ultra Pro, and it seems that anywhere from 10-35% of the sleeves in the pack have these pesky bumps.

Anyone by chance knows what I am talking about?
Fo shizzle.
Yeah, I usually hold one up to the light to see if those indentations are there. If they are, I throw it away and use another one.
I haven't encountered that with Ultra Pro Platinum ones, however their "consistent sizing" claim is bull.
(04-25-2012, 02:12 AM)JeffreyAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I usually hold one up to the light to see if those indentations are there. If they are, I throw it away and use another one.
+1. I do the same thing. Guess thats why I usually buy them 4 or 5 packs at a time, lol.