Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Does anybody here trade for EVERYTHING from certain teams anymore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Looking to make some bulk trades, mail days are more fun that way. Seems these days most people are player specific or only looking to trade up or only interested in current roster of a team.

If there are any die hards left out there who collect anything and everything of their favorite team, shoot me an offer!!!

Cheers
Heh, I guess I'm one of "those" guys. I'm 28, but didn't really get into hockey until the last few years, so most of the current roster players are the only ones I'm familiar with. I've been thinking about trying to get into picking up some 70s/Early 80s Blues cards at some point though.
Bah...
I'd be down, the only problem is I'm so new to hockey that I really can't cause I don't have the diverse stock that you do lol
(04-24-2012, 09:45 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be down, the only problem is I'm so new to hockey that I really can't cause I don't have the diverse stock that you do lol
Diverse Stock? I started about a year ago, with 2 boxes of 2006-07 victory i cracked back then lol. It takes a while, but also i break next to no wax as well, and ive been unemployed the whole time.... oh and did i mention i live in AUSTRALIA lol and it costs a mint just to get stuff shipped here.

So many people now only interested in collecting players whose value are going to retain in the long term, no one cares about collecting their fav team lol. The amount of Edmonton collectors ive seen spring up in the last few years is phenomenal... Looks like its going to stay that way for a while too, with them having another Phenom in the ranks.

Makes it hard to even bother keeping half the stuff you get in, because no one wants a card from Minnesota, or Phoenix, or Dallas because the value wont stay up. F#$%ing profiteering, slowly sucking all the fun out of the hobby. The amount of times ive seen someone snipe me or someone else for a card thats worth a penny and get it for cheap, then have it up on the bay the following week for 10x the price as a BIN is ridiculous. This isnt to say that i dont sell cards at all, or ive never bought a card and then sold it to someone else either - i think the majority of people know what i mean... lol, and if you dont, dont bother bringing it up.

I just wish this whole deal was more about helping people out and less about business. For Upper Deck and Panini its a business, for the rest of us it should be pleasure. Lol imagine if there was no market for cards and they were all worth the cardboard they were printed on haha, now that would be kind of cool. I remember back in my young school days, with basketball cards - people that would only collect players over 7'0 tall or something like that, lol who cares what its worth, if the guy was 6'9 - too bad lol.

Maybe im reading into it a bit too much, maybe im not right in the head to think these things. Just my opinion for what its worth, and its probably not even worth the screen its printed on lol.

Appathetically,

Steve.
(04-24-2012, 10:07 PM)nemesis77777 Wrote: [ -> ]Diverse Stock? I started about a year ago, with 2 boxes of 2006-07 victory i cracked back then lol. It takes a while, but also i break next to no wax as well, and ive been unemployed the whole time.... oh and did i mention i live in AUSTRALIA lol and it costs a mint just to get stuff shipped here.

So many people now only interested in collecting players whose value are going to retain in the long term, no one cares about collecting their fav team lol. The amount of Edmonton collectors ive seen spring up in the last few years is phenomenal... Looks like its going to stay that way for a while too, with them having another Phenom in the ranks.

Makes it hard to even bother keeping half the stuff you get in, because no one wants a card from Minnesota, or Phoenix, or Dallas because the value wont stay up. F#$%ing profiteering, slowly sucking all the fun out of the hobby. The amount of times ive seen someone snipe me or someone else for a card thats worth a penny and get it for cheap, then have it up on the bay the following week for 10x the price as a BIN is ridiculous. This isnt to say that i dont sell cards at all, or ive never bought a card and then sold it to someone else either - i think the majority of people know what i mean... lol, and if you dont, dont bother bringing it up.

I just wish this whole deal was more about helping people out and less about business. For Upper Deck and Panini its a business, for the rest of us it should be pleasure. Lol imagine if there was no market for cards and they were all worth the cardboard they were printed on haha, now that would be kind of cool. I remember back in my young school days, with basketball cards - people that would only collect players over 7'0 tall or something like that, lol who cares what its worth, if the guy was 6'9 - too bad lol.

Maybe im reading into it a bit too much, maybe im not right in the head to think these things. Just my opinion for what its worth, and its probably not even worth the screen its printed on lol.

Appathetically,

Steve.
I have no pitty for you sharkboy! I'm a Red Wings fan...everybody and their brother trys profiteering off their stuff!
(04-24-2012, 10:09 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]I have no pitty for you sharkboy! I'm a Red Wings fan...everybody and their brother trys profiteering off their stuff!
Ha, i wasnt asking for your pity Tongue just your ear. You're right, every man and his dog wants to make a buck off Detroit stuff, but why to they do that i wonder? Hmmm, because people continue to consume at inflated prices. Lol now im as guilty as everyone there, i guess you have to be in it to win it. But this post is more about what i wish reality was like, not what it is like. The only way to change the current reality of what it is, is to change our own habits i suppose.
so funny yet sadly true...
(04-24-2012, 10:19 PM)nemesis77777 Wrote: [ -> ]Ha, i wasnt asking for your pity Tongue just your ear. You're right, every man and his dog wants to make a buck off Detroit stuff, but why to they do that i wonder? Hmmm, because people continue to consume at inflated prices. Lol now im as guilty as everyone there, i guess you have to be in it to win it. But this post is more about what i wish reality was like, not what it is like. The only way to change the current reality of what it is, is to change our own habits i suppose.
IDK, I've never paid more than 30 bucks for a RW card Tongue...but the only other thing I could do would be drink...which is probably cheaper lol
Yeah but was that card worth $30 to you, or was it worth $30 to the person who sold it to you? Lol. Most ive paid for a card is $75, twice, and both were 1/1's. Now those cards are worth $1000 to me, so i got a bargain in my eyes, but the person who's putting a price on these, prob didnt get what he wanted haha. But if he can take that $75 and get himself something he wants just as dearly as i wanted his card its worth it right? Or is he going to take that $75 and invest it in cards he can then sell for $300. Some say its good business (which it is) but i wish todays society wasnt that driven that almost everything you put your hat into the ring for, has that element of business about it... its next to unavoidable... lol. Give me purist anyday, just for the fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5