Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Recent Retail Nonsense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seeing all of thoese great Jordan Todman cards that everyone keeps pulling, but never have gotten one has raised so many questions - including is Jordan Todman a real player or is Panini and Topps playing pranks on people (incidentially, from the cards of my youth, I am still convinced that Topps played a prank on people because there is no way that there really was a baseball player in the named Rusty Kuntz).

Anyway, some more R&S Longevity appeared on the shelves of my local Target and were just too irresitable - probably shouldn't have given tht these were the "hits"

Jay Cutler Jersey numbered to 299 (you know, I might have already had one of these)
Devin Hester Jersey numbered to 290 (I definitely already had one of these)
JORDAN TODMAN! I finally got one. Dress for Success Har Har!
Julio Jones Dress for Sucess numbered to 249. I could be wrong, but I think I now have three of these.
There was no one I cared enough to remember from teh numbered cards.

So pretty much that wasn't a success.

Some retail press pass resulted in autographs of:

Devier Posey (I didn't even have to trade a tatoo for it!)
Vick Ballard - A dual autograph of my favorite team's quarterback Michael Vick and discoverer of the Titantic Robert Ballard? No, a Mississippi State running back. Obviously, the Michael Vick/Robert Ballard autograph would have been much more interesting.
Zach Brown - I really don't have anything funny to say about this.

Hit Low series:

Autographs;
Corey Harkey (I think) - tight end out of UCLA - according to the back of the card last year he caught two passes for 10 yards. I am not making that up. Apparently he is good at blocking.

Chris Osuwu (or whatever). With 4.36 speed at the combine this guy is fast enough to outrun everything but a concussion. Unfortunately, because concussions can catch him, he has an absolutely brutal injury history.

Hit High Series:

Devere Posey - okay, that is it - I'm obviously must be supposed to be collecting this guy because with two auto cards already I'm off to a good start. Being a big fan of scandals that is cool with me.

Coryell Judie from Texas A&M - if he becomes an NFL star, how much do you bet that SEC fans will cite him as an example of SEC superiority? Incidentially, looks like he also has a history of injuries.

Leaf Draft:

Autographs only:

Fonzie Whitaker - awesome, an autograph from Fonzie Bear from The Muppets. You have to love any bear who drives a Studebaker. Oh wait, this isn't Fonzie Bear? Its a running back from Texas - let's look him up and look a news story - let's see probably about how good he is, right? Nope - its about a torn ACL and MCL. Oh My! Ouch!

Trenton Robinson - cool Trent Richardson, he's really good, what an awesome card. Oh wait a second he's wearing green, what is the Crimson Tide doing wearing green? Oh, this is an entirely different player - a free safety from Michigan State named Trenton Robinson. That is sort of cool. In the unlikely event that Cleveland mistakenly drafts him in the First Round it would even be an epic card (which means I should start treasuring my Cameron Jordan autographs more since he got a mistaken call from the team which drafted Jordan Cameron - and why didn't a card company produce a Cameron Jordan/Jordan Cameron dual autograph. That would have been a really cool idea. Or did someone actually do it?)

Ryan Steed - Cornerback from Furman. Furman has a really pretty campus - if you are ever in Greenville, South Carolina be sure to check it out.

Contenders:

Autographs only - and actually some good things!

Nathan Enderly - redemption (SP/99) - awesome a Quartback from Idaho! Why did they make a short print of a third string qurterback - is this guy actually a "hot prospect" or is Panini just figuring if this guy turns into the next Tom Brady it could be worth a fortune.

Aaron Williams - redemption (SP/99) - nothing ot make fun of this, high draft pick, already starting in the NFL, and its a short print.

K. J. Wright (or A. J. Wright where I once paid $3 for a David Carr Jersey) I think that is his name - its not like accuracy is a premium here in this post Anyway, he plays for Seattle and is a linebacker. If past history is an indication of future results, this guy will be a beast next year because last year from a retail contenders I pulled a Navarro Bowman.

David Austbery or whatever. He's a tight end from Oakland and was drafted in the 7th round you can look it up. I think he caught two passes last year. But Carson Palmer says he has potential so I guess that is something.

And before you ask whether you can get your hands on that sweet Jordan Todman and these awesome autographs of injured players - nothing is for trade at this point - my wife doesn't approve of cards coming in the mail. (although why anyone would actually want to trade for any of this is really a question)
(04-20-2012, 05:56 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing all of thoese great Jordan Todman cards that everyone keeps pulling, but never have gotten one has raised so many questions - including is Jordan Todman a real player or is Panini and Topps playing pranks on people (incidentially, from the cards of my youth, I am still convinced that Topps played a prank on people because there is no way that there really was a baseball player in the named Rusty Kuntz).

Anyway, some more R&S Longevity appeared on the shelves of my local Target and were just too irresitable - probably shouldn't have given tht these were the "hits"

Jay Cutler Jersey numbered to 299 (you know, I might have already had one of these)
Devin Hester Jersey numbered to 290 (I definitely already had one of these)
JORDAN TODMAN! I finally got one. Dress for Success Har Har!
Julio Jones Dress for Sucess numbered to 249. I could be wrong, but I think I now have three of these.
There was no one I cared enough to remember from teh numbered cards.

So pretty much that wasn't a success.

Some retail press pass resulted in autographs of:

Devier Posey (I didn't even have to trade a tatoo for it!)
Vick Ballard - A dual autograph of my favorite team's quarterback Michael Vick and discoverer of the Titantic Robert Ballard? No, a Mississippi State running back. Obviously, the Michael Vick/Robert Ballard autograph would have been much more interesting.
Zach Brown - I really don't have anything funny to say about this.

Hit Low series:

Autographs;
Corey Harkey (I think) - tight end out of UCLA - according to the back of the card last year he caught two passes for 10 yards. I am not making that up. Apparently he is good at blocking.

Chris Osuwu (or whatever). With 4.36 speed at the combine this guy is fast enough to outrun everything but a concussion. Unfortunately, because concussions can catch him, he has an absolutely brutal injury history.

Hit High Series:

Devere Posey - okay, that is it - I'm obviously must be supposed to be collecting this guy because with two auto cards already I'm off to a good start. Being a big fan of scandals that is cool with me.

Coryell Judie from Texas A&M - if he becomes an NFL star, how much do you bet that SEC fans will cite him as an example of SEC superiority? Incidentially, looks like he also has a history of injuries.

Leaf Draft:

Autographs only:

Fonzie Whitaker - awesome, an autograph from Fonzie Bear from The Muppets. You have to love any bear who drives a Studebaker. Oh wait, this isn't Fonzie Bear? Its a running back from Texas - let's look him up and look a news story - let's see probably about how good he is, right? Nope - its about a torn ACL and MCL. Oh My! Ouch!

Trenton Robinson - cool Trent Richardson, he's really good, what an awesome card. Oh wait a second he's wearing green, what is the Crimson Tide doing wearing green? Oh, this is an entirely different player - a free safety from Michigan State named Trenton Robinson. That is sort of cool. In the unlikely event that Cleveland mistakenly drafts him in the First Round it would even be an epic card (which means I should start treasuring my Cameron Jordan autographs more since he got a mistaken call from the team which drafted Jordan Cameron - and why didn't a card company produce a Cameron Jordan/Jordan Cameron dual autograph. That would have been a really cool idea. Or did someone actually do it?)

Ryan Steed - Cornerback from Furman. Furman has a really pretty campus - if you are ever in Greenville, South Carolina be sure to check it out.

Contenders:

Autographs only - and actually some good things!

Nathan Enderly - redemption (SP/99) - awesome a Quartback from Idaho! Why did they make a short print of a third string qurterback - is this guy actually a "hot prospect" or is Panini just figuring if this guy turns into the next Tom Brady it could be worth a fortune.

Aaron Williams - redemption (SP/99) - nothing ot make fun of this, high draft pick, already starting in the NFL, and its a short print.

K. J. Wright (or A. J. Wright where I once paid $3 for a David Carr Jersey) I think that is his name - its not like accuracy is a premium here in this post Anyway, he plays for Seattle and is a linebacker. If past history is an indication of future results, this guy will be a beast next year because last year from a retail contenders I pulled a Navarro Bowman.

David Austbery or whatever. He's a tight end from Oakland and was drafted in the 7th round you can look it up. I think he caught two passes last year. But Carson Palmer says he has potential so I guess that is something.

And before you ask whether you can get your hands on that sweet Jordan Todman and these awesome autographs of injured players - nothing is for trade at this point - my wife doesn't approve of cards coming in the mail. (although why anyone would actually want to trade for any of this is really a question)

All 2011 NFL trading card products are required by federal law to include Jordan Todman as one of their hits.
Feel free to send me the devier poseys my way...Smile...check me plz
not to split hairs but I believe is was fozzie bear. fonzy was a character on Happy Days.
what exactly is this post about...lol
Hey I love the buckeyes and would of been thrilled to have Devier Posey haunt me! Great wide reciever who should make an awesome addition to any team who picks him up. And to pull two redemptions out of Contenders worth nearly 3 $100 bills, would of been a day worth while opening packs.
I am with big john
haha, i actually enjoyed reading all of this. it was comical. the best part is how you think kj wright is going to be awesome since you pulled a bowman last year. it makes sense to me too! haha but..........the part about your wife not approving of cards coming in the mail, i think you need to show her whats up and say too bad lady, dont look in the mailbox then.
(04-20-2012, 06:52 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]All 2011 NFL trading card products are required by federal law to include Jordan Todman as one of their hits.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my "luck"

2012 Press Pass.....
Dan Persa and Audie Cole

2012 Hit..........
Derrick Coleman and Chris Owusu.....Owus who?????????????
okay, first off ..... welcome to the boards Smile

secondly let's get this right .....

"Fozzie" is a bear .....
[Image: Fozzie-bear.jpg]

"Fonzie" is a legend Smile
[Image: fonzie_henry_winkler_happy_days.jpg]

sweet pulls BTW Smile
Pages: 1 2