Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Basketball Box Question, need feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I recently sold my Blake Griffin 1/1 auto, and now I wanta buy a few boxes of lil older basketball stuff. Im looking the year range of 03-04 to 08-09. Just wondering what were some good ones to score some nice jersey or patch cards, and maybe if Im lucky a top auto. I love MJ, Rose, Durant so maybe a box with a decent chance of pulling one of them. The price range is mid to high end, prolly not thousands though. Ive been watching some topps chrome breaks, but the 400 dollar price tag on 08-09 seems pricey. I know the Rose cards are very high in price but not sure if there even a shot on get a parallel of his rc? But any feedback would be cool, love Upper Deck stuff but scared to get a redemption for a sick card and not being able to redeem it. So, if ya got a sceond hit me back and tell me some of your favorites, and ones you did well with. Thanks guys!!
Most 03/04 stuff is expensive but if you got dacardworld.com you'll be able to get it cheaper than elsewhere - regardless of year. 07/08 Ultra SE hobby is good - 1 auto guaranteed per box along with up to 4 GU's. I bought a box of 2003/04 Upper Deck Rookie Exclusives retail a while back and pulled to complete sets as well as most of a third along with a nice Garnett Variations GU and an Ebi RC GU. 06/07 Hot prospects is good, 06/07 Bowman ... but as always, it's the nature of the beast if you get something good or not.