Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Let's get opinions...is a tin really worth it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so I did the math at Meijer today on Series 1/2 tins and blasters

*the odds are the same for tins as they are for blasters
*the tins have 3 more cards per pack (8 instead of 5)
*the tins have the Winter Classic oversized card

But if they have the same odds...unless I'm doing a set...do we really need to drop an extra ten bucks on a tin?

Let the debate begin!
The tins have way better odds on GU cards plus the extra YG and OS card. I think they are much better than the blasters and worth the extra 10 spot.
(04-17-2012, 05:12 PM)pens1fan Wrote: [ -> ]The tins have way better odds on GU cards plus the extra YG and OS card. I think they are much better than the blasters and worth the extra 10 spot.
I looked at the odds, according to how I'm reading them its the same. I may be wrong, I've been wrong before, but I made sure to look at the odds for GU and they looked the same.
I dunno... I bought 2 Tins today an pulled 2 jerseys. I don't often hit jerseys with a blaster
Series 2 of UD this year is a really little known secret. They have 3 canvas cards in them and usually 3 yg's. I think they did this because the rookie crop in UD2 is weak. GUJ are a waste of time anyway, they are all in my $2 box right after I open them. In Canada, Walmart sells the tins for $29.95 and the blasters for $25.95. I crack a bunch and so far I have not hit it big time. I say hobby is way better when you buy 3 blasters you could have bought a "guaranteed" hobby box.
(04-17-2012, 06:01 PM)Ducks_Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno... I bought 2 Tins today an pulled 2 jerseys. I don't often hit jerseys with a blaster
when I looked at the odds, jerseys fall 1:24 for series 1 for both blasters and tins. So 1 in 2 SHOULD have a jersey. Now the YGs, IDK about those, I didn't check that #, but all the autos/relics were the same odds.
Are you sure you the odds are the same? I just looked at a UD2 blaster I busted last weekend and it says Reg Mem are 1:240 and Rookie Mem are 1:480. Much better odds for the tins @ 1:24.
(04-17-2012, 06:18 PM)pens1fan Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you the odds are the same? I just looked at a UD2 blaster I busted last weekend and it says Reg Mem are 1:240 and Rookie Mem are 1:480. Much better odds for the tins @ 1:24.
Series 2 IDK. Series 1 I'm 90% sure were the same, you may be right on series 2, I'll make sure to take a peek when I go in to Meijer tonight.

Good points on the YG and the Canvases though!
In my experience the odds seem to be better for jerseys, but nothing else.

If you wanna pay an extra $10 for a $2 jersey card, go for it
that's it, someone needs to pick up a blaster and a tin! lol
Pages: 1 2