Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Luongo or Schneider in goal? Opinions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know a lot of talk around the playoffs has been about Pens/Flyers but I find it interesting out west as well. The Canucks went with Schneider in net for game 3. This wasn't a surprise to me but I just wanted to know everyones thoughts on the switch.
As a Kings fan I thought we'd have a harder time against Schneider and we actually did for the most part even though we couldn't get too many shots against him. Schneider is a good goalie and has played very well on the road this season so it made alot of sense. With Luongo looking two at home I think they to make the switch. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the go again on Wednesday.

What I'm wondering is do the Kings go with Bernier in game 4 to give Quick a "quick" (no pun intended) rest or do you have him finish the job and try not to go back to Vancouver?

I don't find it really matters much .....I will give credit to Henrik last night taking that vicious hit by Dustin Brown who has been the difference maker in this series ever since the rumor of him being traded he has been a changed player and has really turned his game up especially in these playoffs.....and Jonathan Quick who has been exceptional.....It also does not help that Daniel is not there....it is very tough to come back from a 3 game deficit and it just may be the end of this ride for Vancouver....these two teams are very well matched for the Canuck's to comeback the have to play disciplined hockey one mistake and it could be the end of the ride ..
Whoever is in net, it won't matter. Until Kesler, Burrows and others decide to show up and play like some of the Flyers/Kings are, the series is over on Wednesday. Lookout Robson street.
i have to watch the replay as I had to be up early today for a test... urg oh well

I hope it was a good game
(04-16-2012, 12:34 PM)rippinwax Wrote: [ -> ]Whoever is in net, it won't matter. Until Kesler, Burrows and others decide to show up and play like some of the Flyers/Kings are, the series is over on Wednesday. Lookout Robson street.
Amen
Jonathan Quick and it doesn't matter for the Canucks.
I'm really not sure who they will go with actually and I don't think it matters the goaltending for us hasn't been the issue its been the discipline and lack of anything on special teams. I do not know how we lost game 3 I can't remember the last time we controlled a game so well and directed so many shots and lost.. Feels like Tim Thomas in a LA jersey down there from where I am lol Quick has been amazing and there is no way you rest this guy until the team is actually in trouble.
Schneider should play, just because I think he's the hotter hand right now. Nothing against Luongo, I just think Schneider played that much better. AV, however, holds the "you gotta go with your number one guy" theory and will likely play Luongo.
Scheider is in!
Pages: 1 2