Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: My first banner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Looks good to meSmile Welcome to the best place on earthSmile
what software do all you guys use to make these banners?
Looks good! Welcome! I think you will quickly find there are great people on this board.
(04-09-2012, 11:20 AM)dmasci Wrote: [ -> ]what software do all you guys use to make these banners?
I use the CS5 suite for all my graphics Smile
(04-09-2012, 11:32 AM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good! Welcome! I think you will quickly find there are great people on this board.
Nice Banner ya got there Smile
(04-09-2012, 11:20 AM)dmasci Wrote: [ -> ]what software do all you guys use to make these banners?
I use photoshop.
Nice Banner ya got there Smile
[/quote]

Yeah, i guess...im not a fan of it, just using it as a placeholder. the guy that made it is OBVIOUSLY an amateur.
HAHAHA...joking man, i absolutely LOVE it and am thankful to you everyday!!
Nice work! Just picked up photoshop recently and started making them as well.. Can't for the life of me figure out how to cut out whole signatures or players out of regular photos though. Undecided
(04-09-2012, 02:54 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work! Just picked up photoshop recently and started making them as well.. Can't for the life of me figure out how to cut out whole signatures or players out of regular photos though. Undecided
Start with the highest resolution image you can... then there are a few different methods to do it.... usually i duplicate the image to a new layer so I always have a "Master Image Layer" to go back to if needed. Then I use a "Green Screen Layer" (can be any contrasting color from your org image). To do this create a new layer and "Bucket" the layer with the color you choose. Then its a matter of preference from here.... you can use the lasso tool if there are a lot of straight lines or pointy parts. Or you can use the Eraser tool or even the Magic Wand if there are large areas of solid colors.

I used all 3 on the image in my sig along with a few other toolsSmile

Best advice?... play around with it a few different ways and you will see what methods increase your workflow and efficiency .... hope this helps and good luck!
For cuts I zoom in around 1000% and use the pen tool, its really time consuming nut without a doubt gives you the best quality cuts.

High resolution images are a must. Low quality makes good work look terrible
Thanks for the advice, will def have to try all the above and see what works best for me.
Pages: 1 2 3