Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: First box of Totally Certified...Not Impressed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had really high expectations of this stuff based solely off of how awesome the basketball counter-part was, but man I am really disappointed. No real color, where are all the parallels, I don't even think I've seen any emeralds pulled from the videos I have watched. Most importantly, 70 percent of the cards have either soft corners or serious chipping problems. Thankfully, most of my hits look ok, but man Panini needs to get on top of their Quality control and do it pronto. I guess the one good thing about my box was that I dodged the dreaded panini redemption...

Anyway, rant over, here are the hits:

[Image: 249.jpg][Image: EPSON101-1.jpg][Image: EPSON101-3.jpg][Image: 49.jpg][Image: EPSON101-2.jpg][Image: EPSON101.jpg]

Blaine Gabbert Jersey /499
Shonn Green Jersey /249
Don Meredith Jersey /249
Ahmad Bradshaw Patch /49
Justin Houston Auto /299
Vincent Brown Auto Jersey /499
Id go ahead and message biglump on the Houston, not sure if he needs it but id atleast check! Not one of the better breaks but not every box is a winner. Its the same product name as the basketball but the basketball is only hot because people were like this is the next pmg so demand for them was higher. Ive seen some emeralds pulled but they are only #/5 so you shouldnt see them too much.
I don't why people like this set so much, I think the cards look kinda ugly, or not cool looking, but that's just my opinion.
(03-30-2012, 02:39 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: [ -> ]Id go ahead and message biglump on the Houston, not sure if he needs it but id atleast check! Not one of the better breaks but not every box is a winner. Its the same product name as the basketball but the basketball is only hot because people were like this is the next pmg so demand for them was higher. Ive seen some emeralds pulled but they are only #/5 so you shouldnt see them too much.
I don't have a problem with a bad break, that's part of the hobby, my biggest problem is with the chipping on and imperfections on more than half of the cards in the box.
I'd be willing to take that Houston off your hands, I've got one but two never hurts
Interested in the Bradshaw patch. Check me out for it
No big hits but still fun to open. If you look to move the Meredith, send me a pm, could use it for the set I'm putting together. Still need 55 for the complete set. Thorpe and Ernie Davis are going to kill my wallet.
This product was thrown together very quickly and then they produce these Prime signatures. They should have just took their time and save it all for National Treasures. Im glad I didnt buy any of these boxes, even the big hits are stickers and the patches arent very impressive. The only good thing about them is that there is good variety of players from past and preasent. NT better bring it hard