Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: my first game was...interesting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Finally getting to post after going to the Red Wings game moday. Needless to say it was interesting! At 13 bucks a seat, I couldn't really complain. I could see everything just fine and frankly I preferred those seats over the people down near the rink lol. Too bad it wasn't really much of a game (7-2, I didn't even know that was possible). We stuck around to the end because the GF really wanted to see a fight lol. I'll be honest, I found myself a little bored after the first period...I'm assuming that was because it was such a blowout?
BORED at a LIVE NHL game?!?!?! FORSOOTH, my good man! I challenge you to a duel! I love watching blowouts, as there is a load of action in them. Too bad your first NHL experience was not all that appealing, but I hope that your next one will be amazing!

Randi
CLB's season is done. There wasnt much to play for, Babcock probably protected players and mixed lines in preparation for the playoffs. I didnt see the game, just a guess.

Games at this time of year can be ho-hum. I went to see the Blue Shirts in St Paul last night and I was bored as well even though the score was 2-2 well into the 3rd. We were treated a lot of rink turns and unfinished checks. Which is really atypical of guys like Cal Clutterbuck. They just didnt care.

If you were to go to a game featuring an 8th place team battling a 9th place team you would have been pretty entertained. If you have a chance to check out a playoff game go for it.

Just like any sport, you get good games and bad games.
Let's get to the important stuff...did you get any autographs before or after the game?
At this point in the season with one team way out of it, I understand your thoughts. Get to another game when it is mid-season or something is one the line and you will not be bored, I guarantee.
it was interesting game i watch a bit of it

surprised it was that score thou... with so many injuries for the Blue Jackets
(03-28-2012, 09:59 PM)azicet Wrote: [ -> ]Let's get to the important stuff...did you get any autographs before or after the game?
+1
That's because the Red Wings are the most boring team in the league. Full of Europeans and if you want to see a fight, DONT SEE THE RED WINGS! They pretty much have been last in the league in fights the past 15 years.
last in fights for 15 years, yet playoffs 21 years in a row.... boring you say?
The last live game I went to was a junior game. WHL.
It was a one goal game.
The would-be tying goal was called off as it crossed the line a half-second after the final buzzer.
There were 4 fights.
Brett Bulmer (plays for my Kelowna Rockets, is a Minnesota Wild prospect) scored a hat trick.

It was the most boring game I've ever seen, live or not.

Maybe it was because of the blow-out, maybe it was just the styles on the ice, who knows. Some games are just boring whether you're there or not.
Pages: 1 2