Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: FT: Cam Newton Contenders! TWO OF THEM!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so my Cam Newton Contenders finally came back from BGS... 8.5's w/ 10 Autos. A raw Cam Contenders is in the mid 300's... so what type of pricing should I put on them? Looking at some other previous Contenders from rookie QBs, a 8.5 on avg. is 20% more than a raw NM-MT+. I'm thinking maybe low 400s for these?

Anyways, both are up for trade...come strong though...WILL CHECK BUCKETS.

and finally the photos:

Cam Newton #1 - 2011 Playoff Contenders

Cam Newton #2 - 2011 Playoff Contenders
Um, the card is from 2011, I think it's reasonable to assume a card should be mint. I definitely don't think any premium is in order, let alone 20%. I mean, honestly, when they came back an 8.5, did you you Juno for joy at the grade or bristle a bit? If it doesn't pass the bristle test, its probably not a premium involved. I'd say book value. Nice cards, congrats.
(03-21-2012, 05:12 AM)daytonator Wrote: [ -> ]Um, the card is from 2011, I think it's reasonable to assume a card should be mint. I definitely don't think any premium is in order, let alone 20%. I mean, honestly, when they came back an 8.5, did you you Juno for joy at the grade or bristle a bit? If it doesn't pass the bristle test, its probably not a premium involved. I'd say book value. Nice cards, congrats.
+1. BV AT BEST. STILL VERY NICE CARDS!
Yep....only book value on those boys.......should be at least mint to get a premium...sorry
Check me for it at book value
dang it I've been hoping to pull one of these for the set....

feel free to check me out at bv as well
yea I wouldn't say 20% over BV, but maybe a little since its officially graded. check me for one thanks
please check me, will trade in your favor
Thanks for the opinions all... just find it funny that two weeks ago someone was offering $450 in trade value on it (raw would = 8.5), and now that's it's officially graded 8.5 they are backing down to BV. Ha ha ha... oh well, still will see what I can get for it.
Pages: 1 2