Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: i need to buy a lottery ticket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i got a phone call today from a local store saying i had won the player of the week

Their player of the day thing was already done so i guess they did the draw at the end of the month

oh and what are the odds...my wife went with me so i could get more free packs a few weeks ago and signed up as well..she also won one of the 4 weekly draws lol

we both got 5 free packs as part of our prize, a shirt, and a sticker book. The sticker book and shirts will all end up going to my nefews.

it doesn't end there

i figure i would ask what they would do with their outstanding packs now that the month was over...they gave me a bunch of packs. Out of those player of the day packs i got a autographed Rookie card of Greg Nemisz

It doesn't end there. since i was pretty far out of where i normally went i went to another store close by. The player of the day was also done there but he agreed to give me a free pack every time i hit one of the wild cards. They did not have any 2011-12 score left so i purchased 3 blaster boxes of score from 2010-11
As i'm opening the packs he's asking me if those have anything good...i said they have autographed cards but the odds of getting those are next to nill
About 3/4 of the way through the first blaster box i got an autographed rookie card of Nick Bonino (I didnt even know they had autographed cards of rookies that year...i was just aware of the hard to find buyback cards).

It doesn't end there. I also purchased a few other random packs i did not open there.
I left to get my wife...and opened the packs and noticed i got a tim thomas so since i was around the corner i figure i would go back really quickly and get a free pack
they were just closing so the door was locked so i went to turn around to get back to my car and the guy opened the door...i showed him the card and he gave me the pack and i thanked him and left....

i opened the player of the day pack and could not believe my luck....John Moore autographed RC

all in all i think i need to buy a lottery ticket

buy win big and share with us.
i can provide pictures if people want pics....just got home and watching my habs play right now

cheering for the islanders lol
(03-17-2012, 07:34 PM)arock99 Wrote: [ -> ]i can provide pictures if people want pics....just got home and watching my habs play right now

cheering for the islanders lol
Oh no you don't. The Isles need the higher draft pick more than the Habs. We're in much worse shape! LOL. Nice cards by the way!
You definately need to buy a lottery ticket because i don't know if you are aware that 2010-11 Score Hot Rookies Auto 523 Nick Bonino is a SP? Not only is it a SP, but according to Panini it's substantially short printed...

Source:
http://www.beckett.com/news/2010/12/pani...more-27488
wow you did well congrats to both of you Smile
I agree buy win big share with us GOOD LUCK !!!!
(03-18-2012, 12:16 AM)cheatinc Wrote: [ -> ]You definately need to buy a lottery ticket because i don't know if you are aware that 2010-11 Score Hot Rookies Auto 523 Nick Bonino is a SP? Not only is it a SP, but according to Panini it's substantially short printed...

Source:
http://www.beckett.com/news/2010/12/pani...more-27488
thanks for the link...it would be nice to know how short printed it is. you would think a year later they would be able to release numbers

only 20.00? ouch
thats luck