Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT: What do you prefer, game-used or on-card autos?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just what the subject says. Which do you prefer, and briefly why?
I prefer legible on-card autos and it must be a full autograph and not the initial auto type. If the signer is old and is having difficulty in signing, legible autograph is not an issue. Smile
On card autos definitely. 99% of the GU swatches are one color, sometimes not even the team's color from the player on the card. The autos are more personal is why I like them.
Low #'ed on card autos w/certification.

I like game used but there has just been far too much surreptitious behavior/scandals with suppliers.

I especially hate cards like Tribute Gu that say "This relic is not from any specific game or event". Great so wtf am I holding exactly, a towel, a bench, Jordany Valdespin's Port St Lucie road greys? ....

With the auto you pretty much know what youre getting.
(03-15-2012, 10:49 PM)Merovius Wrote: [ -> ]Low #'ed on card autos w/certification.
Plus one on the certified auto and I also like any authenticated auto. Sequentially numbered on-card auto is not much of my taste. High or low or even 1/1. Also, any in-person auto that I may get personally is one of the best thing to prefer or like or love about autographs. Smile
on card auto!
Ive been collecting on BALL autos more then cards even recently Smile. I like patch cards, and earlier gu cards of hofers that actually say gu bat or jersey etc.
I prefer game used on card autos
(03-16-2012, 12:57 AM)PadresFan86 Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer game used on card autos
game-used or on-card autographs Wink
I've been over "game used" for a long time unless I need them for a set. Don't trust them.
Pages: 1 2