Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT - Fixing a trade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First, I was negotiating a trade with a member who only has 4 completed trades and was leary of shipping first. He accepted the trade and then said he would only ship part of it and that I would have to do the same, if we were then happy we could complete the rest of the trade. I agreed after, against my better judgement, but was willing to give it a try since he was sending a card that I really wanted first.

Second, I found out today that 3 of the cards are graded already(not by Beckett or PSA) when I went to my organize and viewed recently traded folder(he had filled in the comment box with the graded info). I am not interested in these cards now and wouldn't have included them in the trade if he had made that info clear before hand, as I always try to do when someone asks about a card that is graded.

So what are my options here? I've left him a comment on the trade and have also sent him a personnel email letting him know my feelings and that I would like to work it out. He doesn't get on much and doesn't have any posts either. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
(03-12-2012, 06:56 PM)gjpoll1 Wrote: [ -> ]First, I was negotiating a trade with a member who only has 4 completed trades and was leary of shipping first. He accepted the trade and then said he would only ship part of it and that I would have to do the same, if we were then happy we could complete the rest of the trade. I agreed after, against my better judgement, but was willing to give it a try since he was sending a card that I really wanted first.

Second, I found out today that 3 of the cards are graded already(not by Beckett or PSA) when I went to my organize and viewed recently traded folder(he had filled in the comment box with the graded info). I am not interested in these cards now and wouldn't have included them in the trade if he had made that info clear before hand, as I always try to do when someone asks about a card that is graded.

So what are my options here? I've left him a comment on the trade and have also sent him a personnel email letting him know my feelings and that I would like to work it out. He doesn't get on much and doesn't have any posts either. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
All kinds of red flags there. Don't think there's anything you can do to adjust an accepted trade, but that partial shipment AFTER acceptance thing is something to avoid.
I agree, but that is now how it happened. I sent a counteroffer with a comment saying he needed to ship first. He then accepts the trade and leaves a comment stating that he is only sending part of the trade(mentioned the card he was sending and stating the ones he wanted me to send). Like I stated before I left a comment saying okay(didn't think there was anything I could do and it was the card I wanted most). Anyone else have any comments?
No one has any help or comments, what about a mod?
bump it up, Thanks.
Back to the top please.
I can't believe no one has any advice or comments for me. If this was a rant about shilling or someone complaining about another trader, or cliques it would get at least 50+ hits. Oh well thanks for all the help guys.

P.s. Also no mods have left a comment.
Couldnt you just take the cards out of the casing? Seems to me that would put you in the boat you first assumed yourself into..
(03-14-2012, 09:43 AM)gjpoll1 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe no one has any advice or comments for me. If this was a rant about shilling or someone complaining about another trader, or cliques it would get at least 50+ hits. Oh well thanks for all the help guys.

P.s. Also no mods have left a comment.
Well best I can say is your screwed yourself here. You accepted the trade doing a partial, you didn't ask all the necessarily questions before you completed the trade. Not much you can say here, but to complete the trade and not be happ about it.
(03-14-2012, 09:47 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: [ -> ]Well best I can say is your screwed yourself here. You accepted the trade doing a partial, you didn't ask all the necessarily questions before you completed the trade. Not much you can say here, but to complete the trade and not be happ about it.
But I didn't accept the trade that way. He accepted the trade then posted the comment "Since we are both somewhat hesitant, I have accepted the trade but will only ship the CARD A, in return please ship CARD B,C, AND D... if we both like the condition...we can finish it" This was after I posted the comment that he would have to ship first as he had only done 4 trades.

So he should have stated this before accepting trade, and should I hold out until he ships all cards or not? Thanks for your help.
Pages: 1 2