Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Not Sure If I "SCORED" Or Not, But....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My niece's boyfriend gave me a sealed box of 1991 Score Hockey this past weekend. I'm not sure if I should open it (Factory Set from what I can tell) and take any Canucks cards I might need, or just try and move the box to someone else.....Suggestions?
Is it 90-91 or 91-92? Is it American or Canadian? Either way the cards are from the era that was overproduced. I dont think there will be much resale value on it as a sealed box or as singles. If you enjoy opening packs i would just do that. There were a few promo cards from the 90-91 set but not sure about 91-92. Good luck with whatever you decided to do.

"Just read this again and i see it is a factory set and not packs"
(03-12-2012, 03:07 PM)opierocks Wrote: [ -> ]My niece's boyfriend gave me a sealed box of 1991 Score Hockey this past weekend. I'm not sure if I should open it (Factory Set from what I can tell) and take any Canucks cards I might need, or just try and move the box to someone else.....Suggestions?
If it is a factory set, it would be longer in length. If it is hobby packs it would be the size of any normal wax box. I think there was 24 or 36 packs in them. The Canadian boxes were red and the American boxes were blue. Nothing great in either of them, but if they are wax packs crack and have some fun. The big card back then was the autographed Orr cards and the Lindros rookie cards. Good luck with whatever you do.
Thanks guys. The box itself is actually Purple....and I'm guessing it's American, as there is no French anywhere on the box itself. It's also a long box, and doesn't say anything about a pack count, only that it's got 440 cards, so I'm further assuming it's a factory set.
91-92 Score American Factory set, I believe. If you try to sell it as is, you'll be sitting on it for a long, long time. If you break it open and try to sell single, even longer.
Open them anyway and you should get a Bobby Orr insert in there which is tradable.

EDIT: Nevermind... just read that it's factory... take the cards you want out of it and give the rest away.
(03-12-2012, 04:51 PM)tha penguin Wrote: [ -> ]Open them anyway and you should get a Bobby Orr insert in there which is tradable.

EDIT: Nevermind... just read that it's factory... take the cards you want out of it and give the rest away.
I was thinking that. The only cards I would NEED would be a Canucks team set....everything else would be of no use to me.
Oh well you could give me the Sharks lol. Save me tracking em down at a later date haha. And i think there might be a Nolan in there i dont have.
Carl, doesn't this set have "THE Card"?
BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH, shhhhhhhh we don't want anyone to know about THAT card!
Pages: 1 2