Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2011-2012 cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i cannot find any topps, fleer, etc. 2011-2012 basketball rookie cards. does anyone know why? where are they all? did they make any yet?
Panini is the only company licensed to make NBA products at this time. Topps can't make any basketball cards (even college). Upper Deck (who owns the rights to Fleer) is making a Fleer Retro product that is soon to release. But the only NBA cards this season and next will be from Panini.
(03-10-2012, 12:34 AM)crookster72 Wrote: [ -> ]i cannot find any topps, fleer, etc. 2011-2012 basketball rookie cards. does anyone know why? where are they all? did they make any yet?
welcome to the beckett's basketball forums/community. i can see that this is your first post/thread here.
I'll add to what Extreme said. Skybox has been out of business since they went bankrupt in 2000 and fleer completed the buyout (there was a partial buy out of skybox by fleer in 1996). In 2005 fleer declared bankrupcy and upper deck bought the licensing and memorabilia department from fleer. I only state this as it seems you haven't been in the hobby for a long time. If you collected the other sports, you'll notice that a lot - if not all - of the products panini is putting out are all donrussplayofflp licenses. that is because panini bought the licensing when the donruss was going through a courtcase that - essentially- left the bankrupt.