Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Ugghhh! How many of you can feel my pain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You ever get into a nice collecting groove only to have it interrupted by the comeback success of the player? And now that player has a new short term following trying to cash in on his success. It was never more evident than this evening when I was eyeballing a 1/1 auto that six months ago I could have easily gotten for $40-50. Well tonight it went for over $100. It's frustrating but at the same time rewarding to know that all that time I was building my collection on the cheap I was actually putting together a great player collection worth alot more than when I started. I guess that's my silver lining but I still get frustrated now when I see items that I could have gotten very cheap all of a sudden command a premium. Oh well, I am sure I am not the only person that this has happened to.
What player ?
World Series Champ and 2011 Comeback Player of the Year
Lance Berkman.
SELL HIGH! lol
I know exactly what you are talking about. All of the Jorge Posada autos I bought from 01-09 would sell now for at least 1.5-2x what I paid. I've recently had to shell out substantially more for a few autos I needed recently that used to go for much less.
Brian Wilson 2006 Upper Deck Foil parallel Serial #/15. Wilson's from my hometown and when he first got called up, I bought a few of his cheap cards. Someone had this card on eBay with a BIN of $5 but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Didn't want my impulsive buying spree to exceed $10 I guess. Who's really dumb enough to spend that much money on some obscure middle reliever who'll probably be playing coed softball with us in a couple of years? Ugh.
I've been starting to see that a little bit now that Andrew McCutchen signed his extension. It hasn't been huge, but there's been a slight uptick in auctions this past week. I really hope I'm not going to have to spend more money on his stuff now..at the same time, maybe that means he's playing better and the Buccos are winning....maybe Tongue
Personally ive always loved berkman, even when he was in that ugly astros uniform. Just an easy guy to like / root for. I took so much crap when i was pumped that we signed him last year, if only i got a dollar for everytime someone i knew called im over the hill, and worthless before the season.

I had looked at the Black auto i assume your talking about, but decided to not bid on it, lol. Having to cut down on the spending Tongue
Yep, that was the one. Unbelievable how one little World Series ring brings out all of the "fans" of a particular player. I mean what am I suppossed to do now, hope he tanks this year? I liked it so much better when he was somewhat meddling in mild obscurity in Houston (while still putting up Hall of Fame-like numbers).
Berkman for the win!
He's an upstanding classy guy and tons of talent
this year i hope he does the same!!
Pages: 1 2 3