Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Brett Lawrie Blowing UP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This guy is doing aweseome so far in spring training!
I have been watchin him on MLB.com gameday because i was curious how he was gonna do...
His cards are insane right now! Holy Krap!
anyone collecting him? he is giving the harpers a run for the $..why am i hearing all hype on harper and not lawrie?
(03-06-2012, 04:57 PM)mikmouse24 Wrote: [ -> ]This guy is doing aweseome so far in spring training!
I have been watchin him on MLB.com gameday because i was curious how he was gonna do...
His cards are insane right now! Holy Krap!
anyone collecting him? he is giving the harpers a run for the $..why am i hearing all hype on harper and not lawrie?
Because Harper is 19, arguably the most highly touted #1 pick ever, and doesn't play his home games in Canada. That said, I agree, Lawrie is gonna be a superstar, and may have a better career than Harper when its all said and done.

well im more into longevity than hype..but the prices on his cards? wtf man, sell em if u gottem i guess?
what is going on with this hobby? i thought there was a recession?
looks like some collectors didnt get the memo.
(03-06-2012, 05:47 PM)mikmouse24 Wrote: [ -> ]well im more into longevity than hype..but the prices on his cards? wtf man, sell em if u gottem i guess?
what is going on with this hobby? i thought there was a recession?
looks like some collectors didnt get the memo.
His Bowman Chrome is extremely short printed and is his only mlb licensed autographed card
I'm more interested in how he's doing in late July and August when the grind of the season starts to take it's toll than how he's doing against pitchers most people have never heard of and the ones they have are only throwing at a small percentage what they normally would.
the auto is SP? or the rookie itself?
how is the auto SP more than others? all the refractors have the same #'s that any other color does? or are you speaking of the base crhome auto?
source?
Base Chrome auto is extremely short printed, as far as numbers, I don't know how many, have heard 250 base, but he doesn't have a refractor version. Only Blue, Gold, Orange, and Red. Hosmer is the same way except Hosmer doesn't even have a blue either. A couple other guys are the same way, but those are the ony guys I've really even looked at.
(03-06-2012, 06:06 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more interested in how he's doing in late July and August when the grind of the season starts to take it's toll than how he's doing against pitchers most people have never heard of and the ones they have are only throwing at a small percentage what they normally would.
couldn't have said it any better
That reminds me I need to go ahead and list the Gold Refractor Autograph of Lawrie I pulled, while his stuff is so hot.
i was able to acquire lincy in my fantasy league by dealing lawrie. that should say enough.
Pages: 1 2