Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT--wow what a shelling for Teheran. it can only get better from here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2 IP, 6 hits, 6 HR, 1 walk and 7 ER. Not the stats I was looking forward to seeing. Even hurts more when Delgado gets shelled when I think he is MLB ready. Maybe in overreacting and it's only the first start but not making me feel good.
Uggly... that is all I can say
in spring training, pitchers are working on pitches. i cant remember who it was, but last spring a veteran start went 5 innings, and only threw curveballs the entire game (he was trying to make it a 4th pitch). he got hammered

just remember: spring training isnt about winning, it's about development

dont take any stat - good or bad - as indications of anything
Good now maybe some of his stuff will come down in price. I think it's pretty clear he's not quite ready but yet a lot of his stuff is priced like he's a 5 yr. veteran who's won a cy young and is the # 1 starter on the defending WS champions. lol
looked good from my end Wink
Almost no-hit the first day too. Braves havin a crappy start n pickin up where they left off.
(03-04-2012, 04:08 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: [ -> ]looked good from my end Wink
I knew I would get a response out of you with this post. lol
Glad we can't judge much off spring training or I would be really worried.
Lol. I couldn't resist.
(03-04-2012, 04:08 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: [ -> ]looked good from my end Wink

+1
It is spring training and it was his first day. You should start getting worry if it happens in the next couple of starts.
Pages: 1 2