Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: This is why it pays to help your friends move...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently helped my friend move into his new place. While going through some boxes, we stumbled upon his old TTM/IP autographs from when he was younger. There were some really cool finds in there, from Gary Carter to Tony Gwynn. Some of these were on player postcards, while others were mailed back on notecards and scratch paper. It was fun to hear his stories of writing and meeting these players.

Anyways, after sorting through these old autos, we stumbled upon a couple of Brooklyn Dodger autos. I was drooling over them, of course. He ended up giving them to me as a thank you for helping him move, which was pretty cool. So, here they are.

Leo Durocher
[Image: 9046929712004_ORIG.jpg]

Don Newcombe
[Image: 8046929711986_ORIG.jpg]
I love signed index cards. So clean and neat. All about the sig with no clutter.
I agree. Leo's signature looks so clean on the index card. The blue sharpie really pops off the card.
very cool
That's so cool! Smile
Very cool, thanks for sharing
Thanks guys--I'm now trying to figure out a way to store and display them. Especially the Newcombe.

He also gave me a Vince Lombardi Golf Classic program signed by Ray Nistchke, Bob Uecker and some others we couldn't remember or identify
let us know what method are you planning to use to store/display these amazing autos
congrats!
Very jealous. Do you need any help moving? Haha
Pages: 1 2