Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Not even close to the pats!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(03-05-2012, 01:56 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: [ -> ]arrogance defined
Well put...
(03-05-2012, 01:56 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes hurting someone is BAD , BUT bottom line and hopefully the last post about this...
Yeah, we will all stop talking about it because you said so. I'm definitely tired of talking about it, because looking back at it, Spygate is barely a blip on the radar anymore. Only people talking about it are Patriot haters.

You will never convince me otherwise, not will you convince me that injuring a player is less offensive than filming another team. Your premise is completely absurd to me.

And I truly appreciate you making light of my knee injury by implying my teammates should have done something about it on the field because YOUR team did so.
you really do not see whats in front of your eyes

Players and Ref's ARE able to do something about cheap play from other players on the field.

Players and Ref's ARE NOT able to do anything about cheap play by a camera man.

football is suspossed to be played between the lines.... get it?
You play to win the game -Herm Edwards
(03-05-2012, 09:16 AM)Sajman01 Wrote: [ -> ]You play to win the game -Herm Edwards
You play to get some extra cash by ending people's careers - Greg Williams
I just cant understand how any person can think this is ok
(03-05-2012, 09:32 AM)cody_allen Wrote: [ -> ]I just cant understand how any person can think this is ok
4 types of people:

1. guys that never played in the pros, but played some high school ball and think players should "sack up"
2. people that really want to cling to the idea that spygate was the worst thing in the world, and will say anything to make it true, despite all evidence
3. sociopaths
4. roman gladiators
5. a very small percentage of saints fans who dont want the taint of this on their team (and it's a small percentage indeed. most saints fan have owned it)
(03-05-2012, 07:52 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: [ -> ]you really do not see whats in front of your eyes

Players and Ref's ARE able to do something about cheap play from other players on the field.

Nah man, dont think you see it. Again, how many personal foul calls went uncalled that only happened as players were going for the bounty. They won the NFC Championship game because of it, several plays the head of NFL Referees (Mike Perriera) at the time said should have been personal fouls, which would have negated two turnovers in the game and wouldnt have injured Favre if they didnt happen. Thats one game right there. Tell me one game the Pats won due to spygate?

Cheap hits, even if flagged in the game, can have a huge effect if players must leave the game as a result. That is not football. If it was, there would be no refs, and no rules. come on man...
All will be settled by the NFL in a room, not on the field.

I'm willing to bet the penalties issued by the NFL for the bounties will be far worse than those doled out for Spygate. That shows what the NFL thinks which is worse. Of course, all the conspiracy theorists will say the NFL favors the Patriots, so that is why they weren't penalized more.

Bottom line, injured players are the worst thing for the game.
(03-05-2012, 07:52 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: [ -> ]you really do not see whats in front of your eyes

I think its fair to say YOU don't get the opposing viewpoint either.
The NFL will decide which was worse. What we speculate here means nothing.
To me it's easy to see y if u have kids. If your kid is playing ball and gets a concussion then u find out the other team was doing this, how mad would u be then?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7