Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: MJ Jersey Cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow! Have you seen the recent winning bids on Michael Jordan Jersey cards? They are selling way higher than 6 months ago. I am doing a collection based solely on Michael Jordan game used memorabilia. I have about 25 of his jerseys and want to add as many as possible. I have two more I just traded for and bought this on ebay for 95$, way much more than I would have liked to pay but all of his cards are seelling super high. Do you think this is just a trend or do you think they would hold their prices?

Here is the new addition:

[Image: MichaelJordanUltimateCollectionJersey.jpg]

Here is a link to my Mj collection for all of those who want to check it out:

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh238...ollection/

I have 3 more jersey cards which have not yet arrived. I will post them when I get them.
That is a really nice card man! I agree about the cost of Jersey cards....I also think that is all his cards right now. Cards that you used to be able to pick up for $80 are now going for more than double! Crazy how someone who has been retired for so long (I do not count his Wizards days Smile haha) can still bring in a premium for his cards!

And yes it is just the trend. Before you could get his nicer cards for 50% of book value...now it is more like 75%.
(03-02-2012, 11:28 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: [ -> ]That is a really nice card man! I agree about the cost of Jersey cards....I also think that is all his cards right now. Cards that you used to be able to pick up for $80 are now going for more than double! Crazy how someone who has been retired for so long (I do not count his Wizards days Smile haha) can still bring in a premium for his cards!

And yes it is just the trend. Before you could get his nicer cards for 50% of book value...now it is more like 75%.
Thanks for the reply. I will have to stop trading for him at the moment, it is just too expensive right now!! I wish I could keep adding to the jersey collection but it is just too much ( I don't want to have to sell my soul Sad LOL! I am thinking of trading every card in my PC for Jordan. I want to concentrate on him only.
(03-02-2012, 11:47 PM)edescartes Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply. I will have to stop trading for him at the moment, it is just too expensive right now!! I wish I could keep adding to the jersey collection but it is just too much ( I don't want to have to sell my soul Sad LOL! I am thinking of trading every card in my PC for Jordan. I want to concentrate on him only.
That is what I am doing too. I have been selling my Ray Allen collection. It has been hard selling UD Black Patches, Auto Patches, autos, patches, atomic refractors, etc but I am glad I am doing it. When I first started collecting I only collected MJ and that is what I want to do now. Good luck man!
(03-03-2012, 01:29 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: [ -> ]That is what I am doing too. I have been selling my Ray Allen collection. It has been hard selling UD Black Patches, Auto Patches, autos, patches, atomic refractors, etc but I am glad I am doing it. When I first started collecting I only collected MJ and that is what I want to do now. Good luck man!
Good luck to you also! I know you have some awesome MJ cards. I am still far from having the collection I want. It is hard to get rid of some of the cards, I will probably keep a few PC none Jordans. Everything else will be up for trade/sell.

Jordan 90's inserts are just on fire. I want one of his refractors from the early years but they are just too expensive. The numbered inserts are even worse. I want to get one of his early game used for my birthday, let's see how that goes!
It is ever possible to admit MJs stuff is over rated? I cant believe what his crappy cards sell for let alone his good cards. I think of MJ as a brand rather than a player...which has to be bad right?
(03-03-2012, 03:57 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: [ -> ]It is ever possible to admit MJs stuff is over rated? I cant believe what his crappy cards sell for let alone his good cards. I think of MJ as a brand rather than a player...which has to be bad right?
I wonder how the next generation will see him. As a brand, as the best ever?
(03-03-2012, 02:47 AM)edescartes Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck to you also! I know you have some awesome MJ cards. I am still far from having the collection I want. It is hard to get rid of some of the cards, I will probably keep a few PC none Jordans. Everything else will be up for trade/sell.

Jordan 90's inserts are just on fire. I want one of his refractors from the early years but they are just too expensive. The numbered inserts are even worse. I want to get one of his early game used for my birthday, let's see how that goes!
Yeah, I agree! There are a couple refractors that I do not have that are just going for too much. The 93-94, 94-95 and 95-96 Finest refractors are just tough to get. They are going close to BV, which is tough!
Agreed on the refractors wholeheartedly. They're popular across the board, and anything MJ is magnified that much more. I'm lucky to have pulled 3, but can't trade for/buy one cause they're so hot.

I also would like at least one or two jersey pieces. I have 3 floor cards of his (10-11 SPA and 2 jumbo final floor cards from 2000 Century Legends) but that's it.

That card at the top of this thread is a darn good looking one! Well-done OP Smile
I think collectors are realizing more what he meant to the game and how much of an impact he was/still is. There will never be another MJ. Todays generation has Kobe/LeBron...not even close imo. His stuff will never go down. I think it's great for the basketball community to have this explosion. The guy is a monster!!

Also, that is a great numbered jersey card!!! Even though it's only a single white swatch, I wouldn't mind having itSmile
Pages: 1 2