Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: changes at Panini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read a topic on another forum called "Panini Hky's conversion to UD East is now complete"

Haven't been on here much lately so not sure if this is public knowledge but Panini (I won't name names here) just axed Al Muir. Say what you want about his hair but Al really cared about the sets he put out and was always looking to improve things for the ultimate audience, the collector.

all I have to say is wow
But the problem with Panini is that there boxes do not have enough value in them.
Seems like all the companies forget about whence they come.
(02-28-2012, 07:32 PM)chrislucy72 Wrote: [ -> ]But the problem with Panini is that there boxes do not have enough value in them.
I think that has as much to do with the hobbyists as the company. If you watch Ebay, Panini cards seem go for about half of what comparable UD made cards do. We just don't seem to like Panini as much.

At least they do sell though, unlike ITG.
give it some time i say....Panini hasn't been back in hockey for very long. They are hit and miss but then again you could say the same thing about UD's products.

I prefer Artificats over Certified
but then again i prefer Score over Victory and those are the comparables for these products IMO
What a strange thing to see typed. I enjoyed the "value" of contenders and crown royale a lot more than sp authentic (which has damaged patch future watch cards packed inside) and UD Ultimate (which is, in my opinion, the worst bang for your buck).

They better get their redemptions/replacements department in order. I have yet to receive a single redemption from the 2010-11 sets I collected. And there is NO customer service right now, literally. Leave all the voicemails you want.
The value isn't there because there's too much of the same type of product out there. Say for example you want a Joe Thornton jersey card. Just about EVERY brand has that in it. Sure there are variations, serial numbering, etc. but unless you're looking for a 4 color patch or something super-fancy, there's just so many Thornton jerseys out there, (and they pretty much look the same year after year - white or blue swatch for Sharks, yellow or white for Boston), that the value has been watered down.
(02-29-2012, 03:31 PM)azicet Wrote: [ -> ]The value isn't there because there's too much of the same type of product out there. Say for example you want a Joe Thornton jersey card. Just about EVERY brand has that in it. Sure there are variations, serial numbering, etc. but unless you're looking for a 4 color patch or something super-fancy, there's just so many Thornton jerseys out there, (and they pretty much look the same year after year - white or blue swatch for Sharks, yellow or white for Boston), that the value has been watered down.
^^^^couldnt have said it better were almost a decade in since the first jersey patches came out, the market is flooded, seriously, your gonna start seeing people sewing these pieces of jersey together soon to start a new trend,I WISH THEY WOULD STOP PRODUCTION FOR A DECADE, minus the variations of muti coulor jersey w/ on card signatures which in my opinion should be the status qou for serialized cards now'days.
just my 2 cents
My biggest problem is that same card from Upper Deck sells better and holds it value much longer and better than the comparable Panini product, with the exception being score vs victory. Score is more on par with o-pee-chee, minus the jersey cards and subsets.

Panini just does not produce a product besides score that holds up in the secondary market, another comparsion is plates and patches football vs triple threads.

Score is definitely the standard to measure the low end by. Best prosuct at that price out there by far.
Pages: 1 2