Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I am getting sick of some traders on here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am getting real sick of getting PM's or trade offers from people that have nothing in there organize.

I am NOT going to look at your bucket I use Beckett so I don't have too.

I use the trade tool that has a search function that I use and works fine for me.

I don't care if they are new or not its just a real pain to load the page up to find out they have nothing to offer.

I wonder if there is a way to keep us traders apart from just forum users.

Like change the colors of the names or give a tag to people. I would like to know how active the person is before hand. It would be nice and easy this way. I know we started a sticky with active traders using the system but i think half of those people left now too.

It is hard enough to trade on this site now as it is and it seems like I just waist most of my time looking at offers from a traders that has nothing.

One thing that always bothers me is, I'm assuming younger traders, sending trade offers every day with basically the same thing. Had some guy offer me like 250$ worth of insert cards for my RNH YG card. When I declined he sent a new offer with a couple cards changed.
I don't trade very much at all, but the few offers I have received are pretty wild. My UD Black Dual auto Stastny/Turco #/25 received an offer of 6 inserts, 3 Boucher, 2 Cechmanek and 1 Parent. The high end card was worth about $3. I politely said no thanks.
I would just like our MATCH MAKER applet to be applied to save EVERYONE a lot of time and make our stay here more comfortable, as paying customers.
Honstly I cant say that I have ANY complaints here, which is why I post WAYYYYY more then I do on ANY forum. I post my breaks, my mail days, just crap I feel like scanning, whatever and I have never had any bad offers. Sure when I post scans of everything I have emails asking if its available but never any impolite obnoxious emails "Hey you want this for that??" even when I dont respond, which is quite often, I never have a follow up email "hey I emailed you, you didt repy!!" Never once. And thats why I favor this board over any... Other message boards would be a different story. Example: I posted my nuge CR that I pulled for sale on SCF, HI & C&C... C&C erased my post cause I dont meet their standards to sell a card even tho Ive prob spent over $8000 buying cards last year, to them "buying reputation isnt the same as selling reputation" so to them I give a nice big F -U. In my Nuge sale post I mentioned, we all know what this card is worth, and what is goes for so please dont IM me low offeres of "would you take $600" etc... And what do people on those boards do?? Send me "Hey the card is dropping in value, would you take $500??" Ummm not, get the F outa here...
Anywhooo my point after that long rant is th beckett forums to ME personally, rank WAYYYYY above the other big 3, hands down, no questions, ad I love the people that post on here..
Second that - way past due!!!

(02-27-2012, 01:02 AM)tha penguin Wrote: [ -> ]I would just like our MATCH MAKER applet to be applied to save EVERYONE a lot of time and make our stay here more comfortable, as paying customers.
only thing about the org, folks dont want to pay to use it, so the loop hole is not list a lot of cards but list them if someone wants a card... that is what came into my mind when I saw this post

(02-27-2012, 01:02 AM)tha penguin Wrote: [ -> ]I would just like our MATCH MAKER applet to be applied to save EVERYONE a lot of time and make our stay here more comfortable, as paying customers.
i figure it was going to come someday.... and the Whalers are back in CT too....
I'm with Gary. I never look at buckets I use the trade tool and search for cards that way to trade. I'm a member on other forums but probably have about 5 posts total. Beckett is my favorite site.
As everyone knows, I love this site... despite the MANY failures in structure! It's the community that we have all put together. When the Match Maker tool is in effect it will be great, so I guess we all just have to hang on. There are some sill traders on here, and the best way to deal with them is to just ignore them, or send them a message with "sorry but I will not trade this down". Try to not let the lower-ends of the site get the better of you, and just remember that there are many inexperienced traders on the site. Happy collecting all!

Randi
It annoys me when people ask me to look at their buckets as well. I understand it on other sites, but there is an organize here for a reason. It's sooo much easier to just scan someone's organize instead of trying to navigate someone's photobucket albums.
Pages: 1 2