Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Am I wrong for thinking this way?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
As I’m sure a lot of you guys know, I’m trying to complete a challenging set. I have an auto search on eBay crackin at all times. So when someone list cards from that set, I get notified. Recently someone listed the Magic Johnson card (Numbered to 5) I already have that card but I don’t what anyone else to get any smart ideas and try to complete that set as well. If I buy it I’ll have 2 out of the 5. Is that selfish of me or smart? What would you do?
Photobucket
Well, the potential buyer on the other end might just love Magic Johnson. They may not even want the set.

On top of that, you seem to have money to burn lol. How many do you lack?

-ShK-
(02-21-2012, 02:44 PM)sentonhurrikane Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the potential buyer on the other end might just love Magic Johnson. They may not even want the set.

On top of that, you seem to have money to burn lol. How many do you lack?

-ShK-
Very true! I lack 2!!! Jennings and KAJ... Money is not an issue with this set, whatever it takes Ill spend.
My theory holds true with my Henderson collection.....BUY THEM ALL
do whatever floats your boat.

however, imo...it seems a bit selfish, and unneeded.

1. what are the chances someone else is going to try to complete the set?
2. what are the chances they actually do complete it?
3. if they do...so the bleep what? how does that cheapen it for you?
I was trying to complete the NT treasures Lesean McCoy auto's /5. Ended up with 2 of them, then sold. I just wanted them as a set, not so anyone else can't have them.

This is what makes it kinda selfish - "I already have that card but I don’t what anyone else to get any smart ideas and try to complete that set as well."
(02-21-2012, 03:42 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]...it seems a bit selfish, and unneeded.
Agreed. What kind of collector would actively keep other collectors from enjoying the hobby, for their own gain? Pretty low in my book.
Not low in my book. They are worth more, if a Magic collector comes around looking for it, and you are holding all of them. If you like that particular card, buy it!
Yeah Im a bad person. Dude it was just a freakin question. Now I know why Basketball only has a few members and post... Rude people on here man. Im pretty sure you guys could have answered it without being rude. Once my trade conclude Im out this site man. You guys dont need a "Low" "Selfish" person on here.
(02-21-2012, 02:35 PM)adiddy32 Wrote: [ -> ]Is that selfish of me or smart?

you asked us...we gave honest opinions of what we thought. if you dont want an answer, then dont ask. it's you that needs the thicker skin

and no one was rude. stop being so defensive

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7