Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT-My Son 1 Year Later
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought that it is time that I gave everyone an update on how my son is doing. We just recently got his '1 Year Pictures' taken, so now I have some cute baby pictures to share. I am sure many of the veteran members remember our story, or a least his first pics, but I will give a quick summary for the newer members.

Jonathan was born pre-term, when my wife was only 22 weeks pregnant. For those of you who dont know, of which I was one a little over a year ago, pregnancy usually lasts around 40 weeks. Luckily my wife went into labor on that Monday, but then everything stopped and didnt start again until Sunday. During that week, my wife was in the hospital the entire time, during which they told us that things probably would not end positively. Jonathan was born that Sunday and weighed only 1 lb 5 oz and was only 11 in. They basically told us there was less than 10% chance he would make it, and if he did we would probably be looking at a number of disabilities. Well, after 109 days in the NICU, he made it home before his due date.

So, here we are now, 1 year later. Jonathan is doing amazing. He has been healthy since he came home, which is amazing by its self considering how easy it is for babies to get sick. Whats even better, is we see no signs of any disabilities right now. It will take a few years to know for sure, but right now things are going great.

I just wanted to thank all of the members that helped us get through the beginning, and to tell people who might be going through tough times to hang in there. And I thought that its only fair, that if you see the scary pictures, you should be able to see the cute pictures, lol.

The Beginning
[Image: jr1.jpg]

The Homecoming
[Image: DSCF1820.jpg]

1 Year Old
[Image: Jonathan1year8.jpg]

Cake Time!!
[Image: Jonathan1yearcollage5.jpg]

Theres more pics here if you would like to look
http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/ss91/...0pictures/
That is great news, and thanks for sharing. Sometimes we all need a reminder of the more important things in life. Congrats on your son's birthday.
I remember your situation. That's great to see him smiling and having fun.
That's what I'm talking about! Happy b day little man!
Wow man, this is beyond cool! Recently have a child of my own makes this a cooler story because I know how hard it was for you and your wife. Congrats on a healthy 1 year old! He looks like he has fun!
I am so happy for you and for your family. Heart
Simply amazing...

lost for words as this is one remarkable story. Congrats to you and your family! Thanks for sharing this. I showed my wife Silvia and she couldn't even believe it as we have 3 of our own.
Great story, so happy for you and your family. One thing you did not tell us,, who is your sons favorite team/player?
Amazing stuff. My wife is 26 weeks right now so it kind of touches my heart a little bit. Plus my brother's name is Jonathan. Good job, dad!
Good to see the little guy doing so well and I hope he had a happy birthday!
Pages: 1 2