Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Bill Russell Rip Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've had this Russell Topps Treasury Rip Card for awhile now. I've been fighting the urge to rip it because I don't want to mess the card up (it's s/n 10). At the same time I'm dying to see what's inside. It would make me upset to get something I don't want inside it. This is one of my better Russell cards.

This is the problem I've always had with rip cards, lol. Any advice would help.

[Image: utf-8BSU1BRzA4NTctMS5qcGc.jpg]
[Image: utf-8BSU1BRzA4NTgtMS5qcGc.jpg]
(02-20-2012, 11:43 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: [ -> ]I've had this Russell Topps Treasury Rip Card for awhile now. I've been fighting the urge to rip it because I don't want to mess the card up (it's s/n 10). At the same time I'm dying to see what's inside. It would make me upset to get something I don't want inside it. This is one of my better Russell cards.

This is the problem I've always had with rip cards, lol. Any advice would help.

[Image: utf-8BSU1BRzA4NTctMS5qcGc.jpg]
[Image: utf-8BSU1BRzA4NTgtMS5qcGc.jpg]
you can sell it to me, pm with a price or look through my org if its for trade, either way, I want it
Nice Bill! Rip that Bill! Tongue
Man, I'd have to rip it...I admire your will power!

If you rip...let us know what it is!
Man don't rip it, if you and Southpaugh don't make a deal for it I want it. So LMK, Thanks.
DON'T RIP IT!!

If you try to sell it, you might get a good price, but I would not RIP it. There are a lot of collectors out there that collect him... it's a very limited card & if you ripped it, it wouldn't be worth anything & you might get an average player without an auto, that you can't get rid of....

I busted a Greg Oden /99 & came up with AI /10... I should of kept the unripped card. I do have a Kevin Garnett that I am keeping.. I too have to fight the urge to rip it.. sucks not knowing what's inside.. but not worth the gamble on a star player. Only reason I ripped the Oden, was because he was injury prone.
+1 I had the same Oden card and ripped it and got a Al Horford to 299 I think. Not worth the rip! If you can sell the Bill, it will sell for alot more unripped.
(02-20-2012, 11:47 AM)southpaugh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]you can sell it to me, pm with a price or look through my org if its for trade, either way, I want it
This is actually in my PC. If I do trade it would have to be for something PC and worth my while. I'll let you know
(02-20-2012, 12:55 PM)kevinr Wrote: [ -> ]Man don't rip it, if you and Southpaugh don't make a deal for it I want it. So LMK, Thanks.
That's the problem. I like the card a lot. If I trade it, I'll let you know.
(02-20-2012, 11:50 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: [ -> ]Nice Bill! Rip that Bill! Tongue
I just don't know, lol.
mattsurewood- with my luck I usually pull junk after I rip the card.
(02-20-2012, 01:06 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: [ -> ]DON'T RIP IT!!

If you try to sell it, you might get a good price, but I would not RIP it. There are a lot of collectors out there that collect him... it's a very limited card & if you ripped it, it wouldn't be worth anything & you might get an average player without an auto, that you can't get rid of....

I busted a Greg Oden /99 & came up with AI /10... I should of kept the unripped card. I do have a Kevin Garnett that I am keeping.. I too have to fight the urge to rip it.. sucks not knowing what's inside.. but not worth the gamble on a star player. Only reason I ripped the Oden, was because he was injury prone.
This is the main reason why I haven't ripped it yet.
(02-20-2012, 01:10 PM)magneto2 Wrote: [ -> ]+1 I had the same Oden card and ripped it and got a Al Horford to 299 I think. Not worth the rip! If you can sell the Bill, it will sell for alot more unripped.
Very good point.
life is to short, have some fun and rip it.
Yet another great idea from Topps.

JonathanI
Pages: 1 2