Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Top Loaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey

Can someone give me a run down of which top loaders are for which cards? Looking to pick up some patch ones today but whats the difference between 130pt and 180pt and the others.

A run down would be great.

Thanks

D
Hey Dan. The 130 PT and 180 PT are the point system that the thickness of the cards runs on. From what I have gathered, they run something like this:
24 PT-Base; inserts; autographs; etc.
50 PT-Thicker inserts; older jersey cards.
75 PT-Regular jersey cards (Upper Deck; Pinnacle Threads; etc.), thick inserts (2008-09 OPC Winter Classic SSP)
100 PT-Thicker jersey cards (Crown Royale; Dominion; Artifacts; etc.); The Cup base cards; SPx Jsy/AU RCs.
130 PT-Artifacts patch cards; Crown Royale patch cards; The Cup Signature Patches; etc.
180 PT-The Cup ARP; NHL Shields; etc.
I think that most of it is right, and I know that someone will correct me if I'm wrong! Haha! I hope that this helps a bit. Best wishes!

Randi
Great reference guide Randi. Thanks for the info.
(02-19-2012, 12:17 PM)dam1057 Wrote: [ -> ]Great reference guide Randi. Thanks for the info.
I am always glad to help out!

Randi
If you are going to use a Top Loader on 180pt cards, but sure to get those special penny sleeves for large cards though. It's easy to turn a corner trying to put one of those huge cards into a penny sleeve. I usually stick with the one touch holders on those super thick cards just to avoid that issue.
Awesome! Thanks Randi!

Slufan: I agree, super thick cards I just use the magnetic touch holders.
Randi, you should start a blog or something. Your references and info is always so helpful!
(02-19-2012, 01:11 PM)dshalala Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome! Thanks Randi!

Slufan: I agree, super thick cards I just use the magnetic touch holders.
You are welcome! Glad that I could answer your question!

(02-19-2012, 01:44 PM)alto4life Wrote: [ -> ]Randi, you should start a blog or something. Your references and info is always so helpful!
Thank you for the compliment, Ash! I would really like to start a blog, and have been told by many people who know me well that I should. Apparently nothing gets by me, and I have great insight. I might be able to do something here on Beckett.com, or pertaining to it, but I can't do the one that I want... being enlisted tightens your lips on a few issues! Haha! Glad I could be of any help to you folks, and thanks for the compliment!

Randi
has anyone seen a case that will hold the Net Presence cards from this years Limited. the One touch at the LCS jump from 180(which is a bit to small, right up to a 340 or something, the card will obviously fit in that case but it alows a lot of room for the card to move.
You can try the 10 or 20 card snap-tite cases. They aren't that bad looking, fit into a 4-column box and are pretty cheap ($1.25 at my LCS). Let us know what you find!

Randi
Pages: 1 2