Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Need Some Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bought a 1992 Maxx 5th Anniversary Edition Update Set of 30 Red Bordered Cards and a 2001 Hendrick 100 Victories Card Set, 21 cards with a Jeff Gordon Race-Used Rubber from Hendricks 100th Victory card and a 3.5" x 5" Bonus card. I bought them for the Gordon cards and was wondering if the cards would worth more being part of the set. I am curious because I am contemplating putting the non Gordon cards up for trade. Thank you for any asssitance.

Jerry
I don't know exactly how I should respond to this inquiry. I do have a question though. Is your 3.5" x 5" like this one?:

[Image: GordonJumboRUTire1.jpg]
[Image: GordonJumboRUTire2.jpg]

I got my RU'd card through a trade, but I have no info or knowledge on the actual set. That is why I can't give any specific info. In general, it is better to get rid of a set as a whole b/c you don't get stuck with all the unwanted cards from that set. It is harder to get rid of them though and will usually get less value than all of the cards if they are parted out.
Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about this specific situation.
Also, I have nothing intelligent to say about the 1992 Maxx set. Tongue Sorry.
The 3.5" x 5" card that I got is this one 2001 Super Shots Hendrick Motorsports #HR22 Race Team Jumbo, I will try to scan later. My race-used rubber card is normal size and is numbered HT-1 on the back, otherwise it looks exactly like your scan.

Jerry
(02-19-2012, 12:27 AM)Echo7Bravo Wrote: [ -> ]The 3.5" x 5" card that I got is this one 2001 Super Shots Hendrick Motorsports #HR22 Race Team Jumbo, I will try to scan later. My race-used rubber card is normal size and is numbered HT-1 on the back, otherwise it looks exactly like your scan.

Jerry
WOW. That is weird! I would love to see your jumbo AND the regular-sized RU'd rubber card!. The scan I posted is a RU'd Jumbo card @ 3.5" x 5".
If you are interested in mine, it 'MAY' be for trade for the right Jimmie Johnson or Mark Martin card. Just wanted to LYK that.
I will scan them later on this morning, it is almost 1 Am and do not want to wake up the wife Smile, I will let you know when I do that.

Jerry
(02-19-2012, 12:48 AM)Echo7Bravo Wrote: [ -> ]I will scan them later on this morning, it is almost 1 Am and do not want to wake up the wife Smile, I will let you know when I do that.

Jerry
NP (It seems that we are in the same time zone). Just add them to your PB and LMK. You can just add them there and PM me or post the links here. Then I can check it out whenever.
not sure about the hendrick set but the red border update set in tact isnt woth that much. I mean here i can pick it up normally for 5.00 or less. Sometimes people will buy driver lots for more than they woudl a whole set depending on what they are looking for.

(02-19-2012, 12:06 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: [ -> ]not sure about the hendrick set but the red border update set in tact isnt woth that much. I mean here i can pick it up normally for 5.00 or less. Sometimes people will buy driver lots for more than they woudl a whole set depending on what they are looking for.
I think that I am probably going to keep the Hendrick set intact for now and just keep the red bordered Grodon & Martin cards and put the other 30 cards up for trade.

Jerry

(02-19-2012, 01:06 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]NP (It seems that we are in the same time zone). Just add them to your PB and LMK. You can just add them there and PM me or post the links here. Then I can check it out whenever.
Finally figured out how to post pictures from Photobucket, here are the ones from the 2 cards we were talking about.

[Image: JumboCardFront.jpg]

[Image: JumboCardBack.jpg]

[Image: 2001Hendrick100thVitoryRace-UsedRrubberFront.jpg]

[Image: 2001Hendrick100thVitoryRace-UsedRrubberBack.jpg]

At this moment I have nothing of value to trade for the over-sized Race-Used Rubber card. If I get any Johnson or Martin cards of value I will let you know. Thank you.

Jerry

I would love to know what the difference is b/t my JG-G1 and your HT-1. If I had the OPG, it might help me figure it out faster but I just have to wait a bit longer to renew my OPG. They ALMOST look like the same card, except for the card number. The front pic is slightly different, but I don't know why there would be two versions with the same serial numbering.
Pages: 1 2