Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: "YOUR" TOP 3 PLAYERS of ALL-TIME!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
KINDA BORED AND WAS BROWSING THE BAY LOOKING FOR PATCHES OF MY FAVORITE PLAYERS AND THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE NEATSmile I ONLY REALLY HAVE 3 THAT REALLY STAND OUT IN MY MIND.

1) Ofcourse, DEVIN HESTER: I've never seen such a playmaker on Special Teams that is as consistent as him. There have been returners that have had GREAT years eg; Dante Hall(Chiefs) and Brian Westbrook(Eagles) but none quite as dominant. Everytime he receives the kick, it's almost expected for him to take it to the house. He has the all-time record but I cant tell you how many he has returned and been tackled, tripped up, shoe-lased by the last man. Such vision and patience. Big props to the special Teams Unit. What a player!

2) LADAINIAN TOMLINSON: I remember going to Charger games with my dad when Natrone Means was starting at RB. And then came TomlinsonBig Grin The first time I saw him, again, was at a game with my dad. I must have only been 12 or 13 years old at the time and he was AMAZING! I've never seen a player until then dominate a game the way he did. He was so fast and elusive and making big plays throughout the entire game. I looked to my dad and said "what kinda name is Ladainian Tomlinson?? He's gonna be awesome, Watch". He was a rookie that year. Smile

3) RANDY MOSS: WOW! I've never seen a deep threat like Randy Moss in my life! I was young and had only been paying attention for a short amount of time but he gave me reason to watch. I kinda remember football being kinda stale at the time. There wasnt really anybody that caught my eye or blowing up sports center at the time until Randy Moss. It's funny, I dont really remember him ever running curl routes, slants, posts, just streaks. Culpepper would drop way back, pat the ball a couple times, load up and just heeve it! And it always seemed like he was open. Open by like 5 yards open! So dominant....

I'm slowely building up a little Randy Moss CollectionSmile Unfortunately no LT's yetSad

Ok ya'll, those are my 3. Who are yoursSmile
1. Brian Dawkins - All time favorite player. So much intensity.

2. Brian Westbrook - I believe if he hadn't been so injury prone he could have been mentioned up there with the type of backs such as Marshall Faulk.

3. Ray Lewis - There isn't much explaination. Lol
(02-18-2012, 04:25 AM)ieagles Wrote: [ -> ]1. Brian Dawkins - All time favorite player. So much intensity.

2. Brian Westbrook - I believe if he hadn't been so injury prone he could have been mentioned up there with the type of backs such as Marshall Faulk.

3. Ray Lewis - There isn't much explaination. Lol

Dawkins is awesomeSmile Still, after so many years. 1 of the best all-time for sure.

Westbrook, 1 of the first backs to go out on routes and catch balls. Very versatile. I always thought how amazing it was that he was able to constantly convert and make plays. He wasnt a burner but always had big gains. Huge playmaker!

And Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis' nickname should be Ray Lewis hahaha. Do you remember that hit he put on Jason Witten in the endzone that jared the ball lose to prevent the touchdown. He got flagged for helmet to helmet(it wasnt, even admitedley by Whitten post game. Said it was a great hit) and the Boys ended up scoring and won the game. It was a big game in the first year of his latest contract
1. Ray Rice -----I know his career isn't over and I'm a little biased but man he CAN play the game. I feel he's gonna be one of the best.

2. Joe Montana ----I remember his days in the game and wow what a QB.

3. Greg Lloyd ----I don't know how anyone else feels but man did he put the fear into opposing offenses Smile
Im a college football guy so I will list the best 3 players Ive ever seen and 3 favorite of all time

1. Reggie Bush. Without a doubt best college player I have ever seen.

2. Vince Young. He was just awesome in college.

3. Michael Robinson. Many don't remember but he had one of the best, 4th quarter, game winning drives of all time against Michigan. Too bad Michigan later scored in under a minute to wi[e it from history.

Favorite

1. Michael Robinson. Wore his heart on his sleeve. He willed Penn State to a 11-1 and Orange Bowl victory (the defense didn't hurt Wink)

2. LaVar Arrington. Absolute freak of nature.

3. Paul Posluszny. Best pure linebacker I've ever seen in college. He was awesome.

4. Larry Johnson. Threw an extra one in for good measure. Needed 264 yards against Michigan State to go over 2000 for the season...Got 279, all in one half.
Mine would have to be:

1. Ray Lewis, I love his intensity. He the definition of the NFL.

2. Michael Vick, Dual threat QBs are my favorites. SO fun to watch

3. Andy Dalton, I feel he is the Bengals future. I look foward to seeign the rest of his career
You guys are so biased LOL.

1-Aaron Rodgers
2-Emmit Smith
3-Peyton Manning
I'd sayy in the future Andy Dalton will make the list.
1. Kurt Warner- My childhood hero

2. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie- I just have a weird obsession with CBs

3. David Akers/David Akers- Just two great men
It is really a tough choice here are a few of my picks...
Barry Sanders
Steve Young
Jerry Rice

here are a few more
newbie....Jason Pierre-Paul...he is just that good
and I have to mention CFL Anthony Calvillo
1-Peyton Manning

2- Joe Montana

3- Emmitt Smith
Pages: 1 2 3 4