Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2007 Playoff Playoffs Box/Set break...WOW..EDIT IT GOT BETTER!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I didn't even realize what this was. It's been sitting at the shop in a the back of a shoebox that we use for ebay stuff on a back shelf for years. It's one of those Playoff sealed sets that also included two gu/autos and two other parallels. I was looking at it today and decided to rip it. I wasn't expecting much. Not bad...

Steve Smith Giants rc /50
A Raiders base (don't remember who) proof /10
Braylon Edwards patch 1/20
Garrett Wolfe 1/1 rc auto jersey

At this point I'm feeling pretty good about things right? I decided to check on ebay and sell the set itself (separate sealed box) for whatever I could get back. I was researching on ebay and accidentally found that some people had sold some sets that were special /399 parallel sets. I decided to open mine and make sure it was the regular one before I sold it. I opened it up and found that it was a special red parallel version 69/125....no joke...no pics yet

I just got home and opened up the set box again, I never went through it the first time, I pulled two additional hits in it...check out this freaking patch

[Image: 2012-02-11_19-08-33_254.jpg]
/5

[Image: 2012-02-11_19-09-02_725.jpg]
/100

[Image: 2012-02-11_19-09-58_264.jpg]

[Image: 2012-02-11_15-30-20_479.jpg]

Considering the base set is also paralleled to /125 I would say I got my $45 back....lol
(02-11-2012, 02:58 PM)cmccart8 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't even realize what this was. It's been sitting at the shop in a the back of a shoebox that we use for ebay stuff on a back shelf for years. It's one of those Playoff sealed sets that also included two gu/autos and two other parallels. I was looking at it today and decided to rip it. I wasn't expecting much. Not bad...

Steve Smith Giants rc /50
A Raiders base (don't remember who) proof /10
Braylon Edwards patch 1/20
Garrett Wolfe 1/1 rc auto jersey

At this point I'm feeling pretty good about things right? I decided to check on ebay and sell the set itself (separate sealed box) for whatever I could get back. I was researching on ebay and accidentally found that some people had sold some sets that were special /399 parallel sets. I decided to open mine and make sure it was the regular one before I sold it. I opened it up and found that it was a special red parallel version 69/125....no joke...no pics yet
would love a shot at my boy...thoughts on a price or who do you collect so i can round some stuff up..
thanks man
Jeff
If you got any Darrelle Revis, PLEASE let me get a shot at them!
i just want to thank you for such a smooth deal. your good in my book friend.
LMK if i can help with anything in the future bro.
Smile
Very classy to ring me on the GW 1/1.
too cool...
And nice box! i loved those too,busted ALOT of those.Fun stuff and the cards are very good looking IMO.....might have to get some more
Wink
(02-11-2012, 05:37 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: [ -> ]i just want to thank you for such a smooth deal. your good in my book friend.
LMK if i can help with anything in the future bro.
Smile
Very classy to ring me on the GW 1/1.
too cool...
And nice box! i loved those too,busted ALOT of those.Fun stuff and the cards are very good looking IMO.....might have to get some more
Wink
NP
woot! way to go chibearsSmile Glad you picked it up thats huge for your pc! I bust one of those too and they're awesome. Got a 2 color patch of reggie bush and a 3 color vernon davis blue parallel sp'd. My auto was a redemption well over expired for somebody i never heard of. Let me check to see if its a sp'd set..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................its notSad But I did have some sp'd "Proof" rc's. And a Red Preist Holmes not numberedSad
You just checked your set now? Did you have any extra hits in it?
Would love to get my hands on that Troy Smith. Would go great with my Ohio State collection.
(02-12-2012, 09:40 AM)cmccart8 Wrote: [ -> ]You just checked your set now? Did you have any extra hits in it?
I got a couple proof sp rookies but no, not like you. I only got 2 patches and an auto. You did wellSmile
Sick patch
Pages: 1 2