Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: should i get it graded (no pix unfortunately)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately, my scanners down so I don't have a pic, but the edges are sharp, it's well centered, and the corners are perfect.

2011-12 UD YGs Gabriel Landeskog

Do you think I should send it in? I have never gotten a card graded before, is it worth it? Let's see the opinions!
If it's something you think would be better off graded then do it!!!
If it's perfectly safe in a top loader and doesn't hold HUGE value, then it's not really worth it unless you look to case your entire collection eventually or like THAT specific player a lot!
Just my opinion Wink
You're highly likely to get a 9.5 on this card so long as you havent smudged it with a fingerprint Smile

I'd say - if you're paying less than ten bucks for the grade (so maybe in a larger order) it's totally worth it in terms of enhancing the card's value.
You should just mail it to me instead Wink
lol did you read my thread...? I sent my cards in November and still dont have them back yet.... I personally wouldnt send just that 1 card to be graded, but get a few of his nicer higher end cards and do them like that.
Not a fan of graded cards, myself. If the grade is high, it makes it harder to trade because of the premium a mint card adds to its value, and if you get it back graded lower than expected, then your time and the cost of grading are wasted. I've gone into card shows and seen graded cards being sold for huge premiums over what a pack pulled mint card is going for, i.e. a 9.5 graded Nuge Young Guns card with a $250 price tag, in the same booth as an $80 pack-pulled version in a top-loader. Both looked pretty darned mint to me, so the price difference was silly.

The huge slabs are one of the main reasons I'm not as fond of ITG cards as any other brands. I wonder why anyone would want to stuff so many incredible patches into a block of plastic. I like feeling the textures of the jersey and patch, it's just cool to me. Same with graded RC's, if it's a Gretzky, Roy or Lemieux RC, oh sure, they're definitely a lot harder to find in good shape, but how many Landeskog YG's are around right now? I just can't see the benefit to the cost of slabbing it, you know? Just my 2 cents though, do whatever moves you!
I have two graded cards and they are rookies of my favorite player Ron Hextall. If Gabriel Landeskog is your favorite player, I would do it.
i say if you looking to sell it get it graded and hope it is a great grade

trade wise, no need to spend the coin to get it graded

for your pc up to you Big Grin