Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2012 Topps Squirrel!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anybody checked the bay for the Rally Squirrel? People are already bidding up to $600 for the few that are posted. Anybody beside me think that is insane?
Outrageous, gonna be hilarous when they arent really a sp
(01-31-2012, 07:57 AM)Krangry Wrote: [ -> ]Outrageous, gonna be hilarous when they arent really a sp
I read on Yahoo yesterday where it is a short print version. IMO that is still way too much money.
There is always irrational exuberance for the gimmick cards during the first few days of new product release. In a week nobody will get more than $15-$20 for the rally squirrel. It does pay to shop retail instead of hobby.
Im just saying, it cant be that much of a "Sp" there are already 13 of them on ebay....
(01-31-2012, 09:22 AM)Krangry Wrote: [ -> ]Im just saying, it cant be that much of a "Sp" there are already 13 of them on ebay....
That's true. Does anybody know the print run on a SP?
I only collect Nolan Ryans and I did a search for Nolans and 2011 Topps. There's several that are labeled as SP, but it doesn't have the number of the print run, like it does for some of his other cards.
Thats insane!!! i wouldnt even pay 10$ for it. Maybe St Loius fans dig it more than I do and as much as i like animals, a card of them isnt appealing to me at all.
Seems to be some buyers remorse before the auction even ends...or else some shenanigans...

The one I saved in my watch list yesterday was at $650.00 when I saved it. Last night before I went to bed it was at $631.00 and this morning it is at $611.99...

(01-31-2012, 09:26 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: [ -> ]That's true. Does anybody know the print run on a SP?
I only collect Nolan Ryans and I did a search for Nolans and 2011 Topps. There's several that are labeled as SP, but it doesn't have the number of the print run, like it does for some of his other cards.
To determine the print run of a short print you would have to know the odds of getting a short print per pack, (that's if all sp are created equal) and the total number of packs produced. I guess you could figure out the # of packs produced by looking at the odds of pulling a 1/1 card. I don't know if the ratios on the packs are odds/pack or /hobby. So if you have the time that is your math homework for the day.
Pages: 1 2 3 4