Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Someone asked about pack searching...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Let me tell you about pack searching and what it does...

Tonight I fell victim to something WORSE than pack searching. It was just flat out ROBBERY.

I was in target and bought 3 Absolute Memorabilia Blaster Boxes. All which state that it guarantees one auto or jersey per box.

After getting back into the car, I started opening the boxes. I knew something was off from the condition of the boxes.

I opened all 3 and nadda. You might be thinking, how is that the same as pack searching?

Because the packs were all sealed except 1 in each box. The pack that was slightly open in ALL 3 BOXES contained 2009 Epix base cards.

Someone had bought these, took out the jersey/auto cards, filled the pack back with base cards then resealed the boxes and took them back for refunds.

Thanks alot jerks. Oh and next time, do a better job shrink wrapping the box. I ate the loss of $60 because I didn't complain to Target. It's not their fault. But I swear if I EVER, and I mean EVER see someone pack searching while I am in a store, I will LITERALLY stomp your face off.
Wow thats pretty bad that they rewrapped the boxes and all. If I get any again im gonna be extra careful and look at the boxes and the wrap.
Sorry to hear this. Some people are flat out crooks.
I took a box back to Wally World not too long ago with the same thing. I actually didn't even open the packs because you could see where they had been torn and resealed.

I called the manager the next day and talked with him about the store not accepting returns on sports cards in the future... Don't know that it will change, but it was worth a shot.
Honestly, it's really not the store's fault so I don't want them to have to take the hit. I chalk it up as "to the hobby".

It just makes me mad to no end that people do that. Just take the gamble like the rest of us.
(01-30-2012, 11:14 PM)DMentdEntertainment Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, it's really not the store's fault so I don't want them to have to take the hit. I chalk it up as "to the hobby".

It just makes me mad to no end that people do that. Just take the gamble like the rest of us.
I agree, in part, with it not being the stores fault. I even told the clerk that when I returned it. For all I know, that box didn't even come from their store to begin with.

However, someone has to inform them and get the stores to change their policies. There's no reason they should ever take returns on sports cards. It's a policy problem...so while the boxes aren't their fault, the policy is.
(01-30-2012, 11:18 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, in part, with it not being the stores fault. I even told the clerk that when I returned it. For all I know, that box didn't even come from their store to begin with.

However, someone has to inform them and get the stores to change their policies. There's no reason they should ever take returns on sports cards. It's a policy problem...so while the boxes aren't their fault, the policy is.
Ahh, but here's the thing Wendy, if a Walmart store does take them on return , they do not go back on the shelf, they have to return them to the distributor, and the distributor is responsible for deciding whether or not to put them back on the shelf.

The distributor is supposed to go into the store once a week and stock their area, etc....., store employee's are not allowed to stock that area, they are not even allowed to open the shipping containers that they come to the store in, same thing goes for magazines, cell phones, pop, potato chips, and several other areas in the store.

I was at Target tonight and saw the end result of a pack searcher. The Target near me puts the stuff that isn't supposed to be out yet on the last, never open register. 2012 Topps Baseball comes out tomorrow. The gravity feed boxes and regular boxes were empty and packs where thrown everywhere.
it seriously sucks for people like me who still enjoy the magic of opening a shelf pack and actually getting something good. now a days I don't even waste my time picking up a pack on the way out the store. it used to be a fun thing that I loved to do when I had the extra money.

Can you imagine if Willy Wonka was doing a golden ticket and everyone pack searched the candy bars? Hey at least you would have some yummy chocolate, but all I got was crappy base cards that aren't worth the cardboard they are printed on.
(01-30-2012, 11:59 PM)shezdoni Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh, but here's the thing Wendy, if the store does take them on return , they do not go back on the shelf, they have to return them to the distributor, and the distributor is responsible for deciding whether or not to put them back on the shelf.

The distributor is supposed to go into the store once a week and stock their area, etc....., store employee's are not allowed to stock that area, they are not even allowed to open the shipping containers that they come to the store in, same thing goes for magazines, cell phones, pop, potato chips, and several other areas in the store.
This is not true, at least at Target...store employees stock everything except greeting cards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5