Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I need some Case info maybe you guys can help??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, Ive been buying boxes/packs of Dominion and The Cup for alittle while now, thats of 2010-11. I wanted to go get a case of one of the two, and was'nt certain on a few things. I wanted to know if I would def get a solid case hit out of both? Are there some cases that dont produce a big hit of one the rookies? I just wanta get one of the better rookie cards from 10-11 and will buy the case if its certain that I will pull atleast one of the case. I seen the Dominion 6 box case for 1500.00 at my dealer and was still looking for a good price on 10-11 The Cup 6 box case. So, if you guys have seen any reasonable prices on The Cup message me and I'll check it out. I know they are both very high priced items and just wanta be sure Im gonna hit something very very nice. Thanks for listening and helping as always!! If I was unclear before, I wanted to know if I would pull one big guy hit out of the Cup, Dominion too?
I know The Cup has a "Case Hit" but it is not guranteed to be a Rookie Patch Auto /99. Either product has great potential. It's all in your preference.
(01-29-2012, 03:22 PM)rvelligan Wrote: [ -> ]I know The Cup has a "Case Hit" but it is not guranteed to be a Rookie Patch Auto /99. Either product has great potential. It's all in your preference.
I've been watching youtube breaks and I thought there was a case hit from The Cup but wasn't positive. I do really like all the cool cards Dominion put in their product though. Some of those tape to tape cards are awesome and the Jersey are great with both both cards. The Dominion is gonna run about 500 cheaper I think too. So I got alittle bit before Im totally saved up so it will take some good thinking.
To me, The Cup was a little weak last year. I would give Dominion a try. A lot of their stuff seems pretty fresh and they have good swatches.
It all depends on what your definition of a "guaranteed hit" is? My guaranteed hit in The Cup was a gold Subban rookie #/76. It is a spin of the wheel. If you can get Dominion for $1500, not only is that an amzing price, but ciould you get me one as well, because when this stuff came out I paid around $2000 for it and now they are $400 a pack locally. I found that my 3 caes of Dominion had sick hits and the fa\ct you get 9-12 cards per box, you do not walk away feeling violated. I found with The Cup some of the tins were quite frankly "horrendous" at $400-$450.00 a pop. Bottom line is return on investment from a crappy box of The Cup can be as low as $150.00 if you work at it and for Dominion it would be closer to $250 from what I opened. Do not get me wrong bot sets have great cards and The Cup always has a better secondary market, but I loved Dominion this year for the first attempt.. I also pulled 3 shields, an Eberle auto patch rookie, about 10 1/1's, a sick Lemieux Peerless Patches (see below) and more and more. You pretty much are guaranteed a rookie patch #'d/99 and at least 2 other "hits" from it. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.

[Image: Photograph16.jpg]
(01-29-2012, 06:36 PM)rippinwax Wrote: [ -> ]It all depends on what your definition of a "guaranteed hit" is? My guaranteed hit in The Cup was a gold Subban rookie #/76. It is a spin of the wheel. If you can get Dominion for $1500, not only is that an amzing price, but ciould you get me one as well, because when this stuff came out I paid around $2000 for it and now they are $400 a pack locally. I found that my 3 caes of Dominion had sick hits and the fa\ct you get 9-12 cards per box, you do not walk away feeling violated. I found with The Cup some of the tins were quite frankly "horrendous" at $400-$450.00 a pop. Bottom line is return on investment from a crappy box of The Cup can be as low as $150.00 if you work at it and for Dominion it would be closer to $250 from what I opened. Do not get me wrong bot sets have great cards and The Cup always has a better secondary market, but I loved Dominion this year for the first attempt.. I also pulled 3 shields, an Eberle auto patch rookie, about 10 1/1's, a sick Lemieux Peerless Patches (see below) and more and more. You pretty much are guaranteed a rookie patch #'d/99 and at least 2 other "hits" from it. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.

Yeah I feel the same way. I opened two packs of The Cup already and I have to say my best card was a ron francis Limtied Logo's or Marc Andre Fluery stanley cup champions auto. It always seems others get killer boxes on youtube and breaks like that. Idk if it was cause they bought The Cup when it first came out and the company put alot of great rookie cards in the first months or not. But I dont wanna waste another 409 dollars on a crummy average pack/box. Thats why Im saving for a six pack/box case and I want that case hit Ive been reaserching. I would love to pull a Tyler Seguin from Dominion or one of those tape too tape auto's, saw Ovechkin's tape to tape today and eberle auto in one case of Dominion. Like you said the patches and swathces are crazy from Dominion, not to mention all the one of ones! That is a awesome Mario card!! I would def keep that one. Im a Pens fan, would mind a nice sid or malkin card too. Im leaning towards Dominion today, but who knows. One nice auto unless its Hall. or Seguin in the Cup isnt gonna be enough for 2200 0r 2300. So Idk man. Oh yeah check Blowoutcards.com I saw the Dominion six box case for 1535.00 a case there I think. I know the 1500 part is right just cant remember the change. Thanks for talking , I love others thoughts and sounds like you've been in my spot.

[Image: Photograph16.jpg]
depends on what you want to do with them, if you looking to keep them both are alright

dom has better patches in my mind then cup

but cup has better resale value or return on investment (if you looking to turn and burn)