Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Ottawa All-Star-Game Hits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Very nice! I heard a few players were signing autographs for free there, (Bossy, Chara, Karlsson). Were you able to get them or were the lines ridiculously long?
i was hopping to get Gordie Howe's autograph but unfortunetely i got to the line too late...and because of the weather outside and my sister and nefews coming i had to get out of there fairly early so i could tell them if the weather was ok or not.

planning to leave in a few minutes to go again...i might buy a bit more but certainly nothing close to what i spent yesterday
that is too bad

i hope you are able to get autos today!

(01-28-2012, 11:30 AM)arock99 Wrote: [ -> ]i was hopping to get Gordie Howe's autograph but unfortunetely i got to the line too late...and because of the weather outside and my sister and nefews coming i had to get out of there fairly early so i could tell them if the weather was ok or not.

planning to leave in a few minutes to go again...i might buy a bit more but certainly nothing close to what i spent yesterday
i got some more incredible hits today even though i spent a lot less...i'll mention them in a few minutes.

i did not get any autographs from anyone today either...i met Louis Jean and Jeremy Roenick (Actually Louis and Pat Brisson were talking when i met Louis...this was by the time we were on our way out and they were talking about Pittsburgh...i'm going to guess they were talking about the Crosby news that came up a few minutes later).

Mr Roenick is suprisingly really nice...I mentioned to him i really liked what i read about what he said about Subban. He thanked me and said Subban really reminds him of himself at that age.

I then went to leave a bit later and as i was walking out he mentioned he really apreciated my brining it up.

and no i did not get his autograph (too late to get in line)...we got there too late although i did get a chance to take pictures

ok so again i'll mention my best hits at the end...Smile

At the start of our time at the convention center we went to the Upper Deck booth and got our picture taken for our own customized hockey card....in order to do that i purchased a tin of UD1 and here is what i got from the tin:

Young Guns:
Maxime Macenauer, Cody Hodgson, Paul Postma Young Gun

Canvases:
Dennis Seidenberg
Codey Hodgson

All-World Team: Duncan Keith

EA Ultimate Team: Jonathan Toews

Game Jersey: Chris Pronger

Hockey Heroes: Ted Lindsay

also for getting these i got all 9 UD all star game cards along with the special Commerative card (out of 250)

I then went and purchased a box of 2011-12 Limited and went to open these up at the Panini boot

Here's what i got from Limited:

base:
Dany Heatley 026/299
Darryl Sittler 189/299

red parallel:
Patrick Marleau 11/49

Phenoms Signed:
Jonathan Blum 210/299 (nashville logo on white and signed)

Jarome Iginla red jersey 40/99

Chris Pronger patch (orange / white) 10/25

Crease Cleaners Jonathan Quick 184/199

Patrick Kane (Cup?) 132/199

out of my 6 packs of redemptions i got:

a hat signed by David Rundblad

a Crosby patch
a Alfredsson patch

and some other lesser cards i can mention a bit later as there is more to this story Smile

so on our way out i decided to go back and purchase something Paninni

i was short a couple of bucks for a box of Pinnacle but i guess they liked my previous business so i get the box for a couple of bucks off.

I then went to open the box to get 4 wrapper redemptions at the Paninni booth.

I'll mention everything but the big hit i got in the box. The big hit i got in the box i'll mention on my last post.

just a note in my story...i got 4 packs the first time i went to redeem limited and got 6 packs on my way out later...the 2 patches and the signed hat were out of 4 packs only.

anyways here is what i got of note in the box of Pinnacle without the main hit mentioned in there on purpose:

RCs: Brett Connoly, Brandon Saad, Cam Atkinson, Craig Smith

Rink Collection: Claude Giroux

Breakthrough: Ryane Clowe, Andrew Ladd, Michael Grabner

Captains: Alex Ovechkin

Game Night: Kevin Bieksa

Team Pinnacle: Henrik Sedin / Steven Stamkos

Threds Prime patch: Barret Jackman (yellow / blue) 08/50

Tough Times: Bruce Shoebottom

Again i'll skim my main hit for now Wink
Out of the redemptions of note I got:

Score The Franchise Henrik Lundqvist 4/5

That was it...that i'm going to mention for now as i got a pretty big hit...which i'll mention along with my post about the Pinnacle hit very soon.

The base cards I got are:

Daniel Alfredsson (x3)
Nicklas Lidstrom (x3)
Jaromir Jagr (x2)
Alex Ovechkin (x4)
Sidney Crosby (x3)
Tim Thomas (x3)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Mika Zibanejad
Mario Lemieux (x2)

base hit:
Jason Spezza (x2)
Mika Zibanejad

so...

The big hit i got from the box of pinnacle was:

Zenith Yours Truly Sidney Crosby autograph

I figured no way my redemption wrappers can beat that....well i guess that all depends on who you collect Smile

And...i think based on the nice Hopkins hits i have gotten this weekend and the fact that i've been thinking about collecting him for about a month that i'm now a Hopkins collector...

That hit?

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins NHL All Star Autograph 2/5

I'll try and do pictures or scans tomorrow of the best hits from this thread
Wow..... that is INSANE! You've cleaned up haha. I dream of hits like those, and then end up with no namers and base haha. Awesome stuff.. cant wait for the pics! Like i said interested in the Clowe /5, and all the Sharks if you can find anything you can use in my org. Unbelieveable... haha thats certainly a astronomical haul...
i also spent way too much this weekend...i'll be pinching pennies the rest of the month Wink
Great cards - As long as you had a good time it was worth the money -
(01-28-2012, 10:55 PM)arock99 Wrote: [ -> ]i also spent way too much this weekend...i'll be pinching pennies the rest of the month Wink
Wow! That is a whole lot of breaking! Tonnes of hits! Congrats! I am interested in the Duchene and Frolik Private Signings. Please let me know!

Randi
Great hits! (And you shouldn't be surprised about Roenick. He's easily one of the nicest hockey players of all-time. He's NEVER refused to sign an autograph, (and has gone off against players who do), talks your ear off & is genuinely a nice guy.
i'm just sorry i didnt turn on record when i spoke with mr Roenick...it would have been nice to have it on video

I might just take a picture...its easier that way and i can also snap the picture in 3d although i have no idea how the 3d will turn out...i'm being lazy so there is a chance Pannini might post a picture of me holding the Hopkins Pinnacle RC in my hand before i post something in this thread

I'll try to get to it today if i can
Pages: 1 2 3