Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Complete set of 86-87 fleer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have found a guy who is wanting to sell a complete set of 86-87 fleer including the complete set of 11 stickers. The Jordan sticker is beckett graded to 7.5. I haven't looked at the cards but he claims they are in all in near mint condition, which I would also if I was trying to sell them.... He is wanting $650 for the set which I believe is a good price since the Jordan rookie(if in good condition)sells for that much alone and then the stickers also.

Any thoughts, that is alot of money but I have been wanting a Jordan rookie for a long time.

Then I have to figure out how to talk my wife into letting me spend that kind of money, any suggestions there would be a great help LOL.
I would check out the Jordan first. it may be a complete set with a Jordan reprint put in there after taking out the real one. If its good, Then id buy it.
(01-25-2012, 01:23 PM)quavis Wrote: [ -> ]I would check out the Jordan first. it may be a complete set with a Jordan reprint put in there after taking out the real one. If its good, Then id buy it.
Thanks quavis, can you give me some info on what to look for to tell if it is a fake or a link to a pic of a fake? The possibility of it being a fake had crossed my mind.

There is a site that can explain it. Just google fake Jordan rookie. If the border is thin, its fake. If the Registered R on the back is completely out of the red, its fake. If the Bulls left eye is filled in, its fake. If the decimal isn't between the 27.2(I think thats the stat) on the back, then its fake. If the yellow on the Fleer flag is all one color, its fake. Hope this helps.
yes definately does thanks man.
I'd get a scan of the jordan first, than I'd do it in a hearbeat, even a jordan grade 4 or 5 will get you a couple hundred if you want to sell it, if its for pc you you can sell the rest, and than look to upgrade later.

PS. if you do buy and are selling the others I need the Issiah Thomas Smile
(01-25-2012, 01:21 PM)kevinr Wrote: [ -> ]I have found a guy who is wanting to sell a complete set of 86-87 fleer including the complete set of 11 stickers. The Jordan sticker is beckett graded to 7.5. I haven't looked at the cards but he claims they are in all in near mint condition, which I would also if I was trying to sell them.... He is wanting $650 for the set which I believe is a good price since the Jordan rookie(if in good condition)sells for that much alone and then the stickers also.

Any thoughts, that is alot of money but I have been wanting a Jordan rookie for a long time.

Then I have to figure out how to talk my wife into letting me spend that kind of money, any suggestions there would be a great help LOL.
I agree with the others , check the Jordan , but he could send you a scan a real Jordan then send you the fake. There were a lot of fakes in MI a few years back. The R being out of the red sorted them out. Be best to see the card live on hand if possible.
The little arrow on the right has red dots in it. If it is plain yellow it is fake
(01-25-2012, 01:21 PM)kevinr Wrote: [ -> ]I have found a guy who is wanting to sell a complete set of 86-87 fleer including the complete set of 11 stickers. The Jordan sticker is beckett graded to 7.5. I haven't looked at the cards but he claims they are in all in near mint condition, which I would also if I was trying to sell them.... He is wanting $650 for the set which I believe is a good price since the Jordan rookie(if in good condition)sells for that much alone and then the stickers also.

Regarding the last part I have three words: separate bank account :-D

If the MJ is not graded, then I'd would want to check out the MJ RC & the other top RC's.. to make sure they are real & in good condition... that price is a steal for the set. I bought a "lot" with around 100 cards.. then chased down the rest to complete it. never bought a MJ though.. still looking for the right price on a BGS graded. I have the MJ I pulled as a kid.. rounded corners & pinhole.. classic..
Pages: 1 2