Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Bill Russell UD Black Trophy Autograph 1/1: nonpay or shill bidder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Please don't post links to active auctions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILL-RUSSELL-07-...636wt_1270

The user of the above auction has since relisted it. Do you think the person didn't pay or it was shill bid?
Hard to say on that one, the guy's feedback is solid. I'd put that card in the $600-700 range but a hard core Celtics/Russell collector would consider it a must-have. Looks like the prior "winning bidder" came in at the end of the auction...would be nice if the seller put a blurb on the new listing about non-pay on the last one, especially since the seller is in Taiwan.
Lokking at the bidding history, it looks legit to me.
ya this would have been a risky shill if it was...the "shiller" put his bid in b4 the winner. So the "shiller" would have had to have a great idea of what a bidder might bid to not win it so late in the bidding. Looks to me like the winner said crap I'm a newer buyer and I dont know what im doing. I agree making note of that in the new auction would have helped
I agree with both comments above. I've bought multiple cards from the seller. I thought one of the auctions I won was shilled, but hard to prove. I found out who was the other bidder, a guy from China. I think some collectors just like to go & bid numerous times on the same auction. I've had this happen to me several times, including just the other day, Guy bid 9 different times on one card, within two days. Made the card jump about $40.. not too big of a deal, since I still got it for a good price. Not sure if it was a shill or not. But I was upset at first. But again, nothing I can do, if I can't prove it. the suspected shiller had 79% of his bids on one seller. Looked strange, but due to his low overall bidding, it was understandable after thinking about it for a while.

I agree seller should add remarks stating what happen in previous auction. I don't trust any sellers. Even if they have 10,000+ positive transactions.

I'd love to pick that trophy auto up.. It would look very nice to my Kobe /25 UD Black Trophy. I tried to get a few different player's trophy cards, but always over my price range.

[Image: UP-BLACK_KOBE_14-25.jpg]