Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: which would you rather have?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Deciding on which card to keep. its between my jordan rc bgs 8 or 2008 exquisite kobe auto bgs 9.5. which would you rather have and which has more potential in rising in value over time?
The Jordan has the most potential to rise in value as Kobe's AU are being flooded in the market by Panini now, so those AU are going down.
thats what i was thinking too. But i know the exquisite collection cards are pretty desirable also
(01-24-2012, 02:14 PM)blackitalian Wrote: [ -> ]thats what i was thinking too. But i know the exquisite collection cards are pretty desirable also
They are, but we're talking about a graded (meaning authentic) Jordan RC. If it was less than an 8, I might be inclined to go with the Kobe, but even still, you can always find someone willing to buy a Jordan RC.
(01-24-2012, 02:31 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: [ -> ]They are, but we're talking about a graded (meaning authentic) Jordan RC. If it was less than an 8, I might be inclined to go with the Kobe, but even still, you can always find someone willing to buy a Jordan RC.
And this is coming from a non-MJ collector/investor.
(01-24-2012, 02:36 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: [ -> ]And this is coming from a non-MJ collector/investor.
lol. I, unlike most collectors, only see trade value when I pull a Jordan. I don't see dollar signs or even think for a moment about keeping it (unless it's for a set). If I were to ever come upon a Jordan RC, then maybe I'll think about dollar signs. Smile
(01-24-2012, 02:39 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: [ -> ]lol. I, unlike most collectors, only see trade value when I pull a Jordan. I don't see dollar signs or even think for a moment about keeping it (unless it's for a set). If I were to ever come upon a Jordan RC, then maybe I'll think about dollar signs. Smile
Same here! Big Grin
keep the jordan
To me it would depend on which of the Kobe Autos it is. I know I'm a Kobe collector myself so there is some bias. If it was a PC based decision I'd take the Kobe...if it was investment then really Id probably flip a coin. Who knows what the future holds on the exquisite autos of Kobe. Sure panini is flooding the market with Kobe autos but you will have some collectors who hold the UD autos in a much higher regard (as I do). This may be ingnorant but IMO I dont see much increase in value for an MJ rc coming in the near future.
(01-24-2012, 03:18 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: [ -> ]To me it would depend on which of the Kobe Autos it is. I know I'm a Kobe collector myself so there is some bias. If it was a PC based decision I'd take the Kobe...if it was investment then really Id probably flip a coin. Who knows what the future holds on the exquisite autos of Kobe. Sure panini is flooding the market with Kobe autos but you will have some collectors who hold the UD autos in a much higher regard (as I do). This may be ingnorant but IMO I dont see much increase in value for an MJ rc coming in the near future.
Makes sense.

I think that graded MJ RC's will decline in value because there will be more graded versions in the future. Also, I think raw MJ RC's will decline in value because there will be more fake versions in the future.

Lastly, people might get tired of MJ RC's in general.
Pages: 1 2