Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Does anyone know anything about this card??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to find out anything about this card...

It is a O-Pee-Chee Jason Chimera retro. The back is just plain cardboard with no printing of any kind. I have not seen any like this before. Chimera is not a player I collect and am wondering what kind of trade value/sale value it may have. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

[Image: Batch1012.jpg]
Ummm... the Picture is an O-Pee-Chee Premier Auto Stitchings-Martin Borduer #19/25 (extremely nice, by the way). Haha! The card that you are talking about is an OPC Retro Blank Back and is pretty rare. There are no stats released as to how many are printed, but it is guessed that there are about 5-10 copies of each card. Here is the link:
http://www.beckett.com/hockey/2011-12/o-...ra-8346249
...provided that it's a 2011-12 OPC card. It's a pretty nice card to pull, so congrats on that! Look for Capitals collectors (alto4life) to unload it quick!

Randi
Okay... you beat me to it and changed the pic! Haha!
ya, I noticed the error right away! Im new here and actually pretty proud that I was able to upload using photobucket. Im not the swiftest when it comes to computers... And I think this card is actually a 2010/2011
yes that is a 2010-2011 OPC Blank Back... even though they are thought to be /5 SP's (Stars) and /10 (no-bodys) these cards are worthless... $5 or so unless you find a collector who wants them big time.... prices go up with the player obv a Crosby wont be $5 but maybe $50... I have pulled a Ryan Getzlaf, Bruno Gervais and a checklist... I know a blank checklist...haha
These arent errors. They are actual cards that are listed in the product checklists. These have come out for the past several years and as Randi stated are usually in a print run of about /5 or so. They are pretty difficult to pull. Pricing definately all depends on the player and player collectors.

Congrats.

Alto maybe interested.

(01-19-2012, 10:02 AM)B_Rosie Wrote: [ -> ]ya, I noticed the error right away! Im new here and actually pretty proud that I was able to upload using photobucket. Im not the swiftest when it comes to computers... And I think this card is actually a 2010/2011
I paid $13.00 for a Nick Palmieri for my PC (AKA a nobody). Asked if they would take $7. wouldn't budge on the price.
I'm here! I collect Caps and would love a shot at it. Chimera is kind of a journeyman in the NHL, however I hope he stays a Cap! Lmk what you're looking for in trade value.
I wouldn't think a /5 card would be considered worthless?
Anyway, I paid 30 for my Brandon Nolan blank back. Probably would have waited longer (and I do know i over paid) but it was for a PC and i screwed myself thinking that nobody wants this guy when i watched a 2008-09 SPx BRANDON NOLAN #116 CANES ROOKIE GOLD #/25 walk away never to be seen again all because i thought i could wait it out and cheapen this guy down to under 10 bucks. *sigh*
Just like any card, its only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. The fear was put into me, and i'm wiling to pay almost BV for any brandon nolan short print card now. (hint hint for anybody out there with a short print Brandon Nolan card)
I'm still looking for a Ron Hextall blank back if anyone has one. I will slightly over pay for it.
(01-19-2012, 01:16 PM)pens fan addict Wrote: [ -> ]These arent errors. They are actual cards that are listed in the product checklists. These have come out for the past several years and as Randi stated are usually in a print run of about /5 or so. They are pretty difficult to pull. Pricing definately all depends on the player and player collectors.

Congrats.

Alto maybe interested.
No. He put up the wrong scan at first. That was his error. He wasn't talking about the card being an error.
Pages: 1 2