Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: New pickups from trade day.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got together with a couple of trading buddies of mine and picked these up.

I have owned the exact Westbrook from Black in the past. It found its way back to me after changing hands a few times.

The beginning of the Dr. J auto can be seen when the card is tilted, so I know the entire auto is there. I was excited abut the fact that he signed it- Julius "DR. J" Erving. It is on a swatch of baseball leather, but how ofter does he sign that way?

[Image: tradedaykeepers.jpg]

[Image: tradeday_0001.jpg]

I am not sure how all that baseball and football ended up in some deals, but I am sure I can put it to use to get more basketball.
sweet Erving!
Why would they have a basketball player sign a swatch of baseball cloth?
(01-17-2012, 10:36 AM)libs021 Wrote: [ -> ]Why would they have a basketball player sign a swatch of baseball cloth?
The original set made by Upper Deck was a baseball release called Sweet Spot. This Sweet Spot autographed set is an iconic baseball auto set that has the autographs on baseball leather like this.

I believe that this was homage to the baseball set from Upper Deck. The basketball series is of course reffered to as Sweet Shot instead.

But, why does a company called "Upper Deck" make basketball cards to this day and not baseball? Isn't "Upper Deck" a baseball term??? It is kind of ironic that UD only makes Basketball, Hockey, and Soccer at the moment, with the various multi-sport release on occasion.

(01-17-2012, 10:36 AM)libs021 Wrote: [ -> ]Why would they have a basketball player sign a swatch of baseball cloth?
lol, I wondered the same thing
I think I answered the same time you posted folkertino.....
(01-17-2012, 11:06 AM)got watcha want Wrote: [ -> ]I think I answered the same time you posted folkertino.....
Man, I would like to get those Westbrooks! Hmmmm, I have some last years MJ Floor card extras if you would consider them towards one or two.
(01-17-2012, 02:47 PM)htowntigger Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I would like to get those Westbrooks! Hmmmm, I have some last years MJ Floor card extras if you would consider them towards one or two.
If I move either of them, it will be the Bowman Combo relics blue card. It has hat, ball, and jersey from the photoshoot and is #'d 49/50.

Give me some time to get bored of it and I will post it for trade. I have done just that with every other good Westbrook I have gotten so far......
Lol, cool man, just let me know.