Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Its been on my mind. Should they stay or be traded away.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I have been doing alot of thinking about shortening my manny ramirez pc. I am thinking about letting go of his cards from teams other than the indians. The problem is I don't know if I should or not. A very tough descicion. I have a beautiful collection. Mostly of him in the redsox. This would be alot easier if he stayed with one team.lol. So any suggestions? Do you guys pc a guy and get rid of him once he is traded or do you keep him no matter what?

Dan
It depends on the guy, if im dedicated in collecting him i usually dont care what uniform he is in. i collect a lot of David Justice for example and i have him in several uniforms even though i prefer him in a braves uni
I am team first, player second, so if Jeter or Cano go, I would not collect them in another jersey. Its a tough way to build a great PC though because so few will begin and end with one team.
I collect Griffey, doesn't matter to me what uniform he's wearing
I will start with, I'm not a modern collector. Now:

Nolan Ryan is probably the best Pitcher to ever play the game but my interest is in him is as an Angel, even though I have many other cards.

For me its the memories, hearing the crowds ROAR at Anaheim Stadium with every KKKKK!! So, I trade the others for Angels cards...JMO...Mel
(01-16-2012, 04:29 PM)radarblip Wrote: [ -> ]I will start with, I'm not a modern collector. Now:

Nolan Ryan is probably the best Pitcher to ever play the game but my interest is in him is as an Angel, even though I have many other cards.

For me its the memories, hearing the crowds ROAR at Anaheim Stadium with every KKKKK!! So, I trade the others for Angels cards...JMO...Mel
not to jack your thread or start a debate, but no shot nolan ryan is the best ever. i'd say he'd struggle to make top eight

also, i'm in a similar situation. i think i am going to only collect reyes in a mets uniform
(01-16-2012, 05:15 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: [ -> ]not to jack your thread or start a debate, but no shot nolan ryan is the best ever. i'd say he'd struggle to make top eight

also, i'm in a similar situation. i think i am going to only collect reyes in a mets uniform
Ok you must be joking!!!! I hate Nolan Ryan as a Owner but as a pitcher the guy was domainate!!!! You can't be serious in saying he wouldn't crack the top 8. Who else would be better than him? I cant really think of any. I was never a huge fan of him but I respect him as a player.
(01-16-2012, 05:21 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: [ -> ]Ok you must be joking!!!! I hate Nolan Ryan as a Owner but as a pitcher the guy was domainate!!!! You can't be serious in saying he wouldn't crack the top 8. Who else would be better than him? I cant really think of any. I was never a huge fan of him but I respect him as a player.
Koufax, Seaver, Johnson, Mathewson, Maddux, Carlton, Spahn, Feller. I would also argue Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens(even with steroid use), Grover Cleveland Alexander and others. Ryan was a compiler and never won a cy young. He never led in wins, twice in ERA. I'm not sure he was ever the best pitcher in the league in any one year. great pitcher. certainly dominate. not even close to the best.

I am much like bigmerz. Except I go Set, Team, Player, in that order. So if Jeter plays a year or two else where, his new uni cards will not be in my Jeter PC. They will be in the complete sets I put together that year though.
I really really hope you don't get rid of any of those cards. I do this same thing last year thinning out my collection, and I have regretted it ever since. If you do it, you find yourself upset later. You worked really hard on that collection, DON'T DO IT !
Pages: 1 2