Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: A pair of eBay steals, what do you think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, a redemption that I picked up...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250954514647?ssP...1439.l2649

2011-12 Certified Fabric of the Game Jersey Number Prime Signatures of Alex Ovechkin. Considering what it is, that's not too bad a price. I sent it over as a "best offer" and it took less than 4 hours for the seller to accept. The jersey version #/25 books for $30 more than I paid for this one, so I'd say I did pretty well! Waiting on Panini to ship it, but every other redemption I've put in for has come, so I expect this to be smooth, even if it takes a while.

Next up, a random purchase that ended with just one bid (mine) at about 2:30 this morning. I figured I'd get my bid blown out of the water, but it stuck. Used to have a nice little collection of St. Patrick, but I had to trade and sell most of it away to break boxes and build up my traders after losing them all in a flood. Anyway, here's the link to a sweet autograph that will fill a nice spot in my all-time greats PC...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190625109116?ssP...1497.l2649

2011-12 Artifacts Black - Patrick Roy autographed #5/5.

Thanks for looking, when Panini ships my redemption to me, and when the St. Patrick auto comes in, I'll post pics!

Nice pick ups!!!!!!
very nice pick ups congrats

wish i have the coin to spend like that again

enjoy them
That is quite the deal on Roy. Good idea to pick it and trade it for your needs.
Great pickups! It's always nice to pick up some great trade bait at a steal price. It goes to show that putting a bid in; regardless of weather you think you can get it, it never a bad idea.
When supposed eBay steals happen at a c-note or higher, I know I'm way out of my element. I hope that Ovy fills a major PC hole in the mini-PC project though and I look forward to the scan when it gets redeemed.
Awesome pick-ups, Chris!!! Love that Roy for sure! I wish you the best of luck with the redemption!

Randi
(01-15-2012, 03:52 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: [ -> ]When supposed eBay steals happen at a c-note or higher, I know I'm way out of my element. I hope that Ovy fills a major PC hole in the mini-PC project though and I look forward to the scan when it gets redeemed.
It's only a steal because I think I underpaid by a lot for both of them. Definitely not something I'm able to do regularly, but I sold a bunch of stuff last week, so I had the money to throw at it. Probably be a while before I land anything like that again, haha.