Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1986-7 Fleer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had a un-opened pack for several years and decided to open it.
I would consider them in Mint or even in Pristine shape.

Heres the cards w. wrapper:
sticker 4/11 Alex English
132 Checklist
131 James Worthy
59 Albert king
60 Bernard King
63 Layfayette Lever
58 Clark Kellogg
130 Orlando Woolridge
128 Al Wood
62 Allen Leavell
127 Randy Whittman
61 Bill Lainbeer

Really dont know How much its worth?

(01-13-2012, 04:54 PM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: [ -> ]I had a un-opened pack for several years and decided to open it.
I would consider them in Mint or even in Pristine shape.

Heres the cards w. wrapper:
sticker 4/11 Alex English
132 Checklist
131 James Worthy
59 Albert king
60 Bernard King
63 Layfayette Lever
58 Clark Kellogg
130 Orlando Woolridge
128 Al Wood
62 Allen Leavell
127 Randy Whittman
61 Bill Lainbeer

Really dont know How much its worth?
buy the opg
(01-13-2012, 09:51 PM)jchavestx Wrote: [ -> ]The James Worthy is about $XX in BV. Would you be interested in dealing it? Check out my bucket.

www.photobucket.com/docjsc
Read the TOS, you are not allowed to give out book values on the forums. That being said, the street values for those cards can easily be found be searching on eBay for completed auctions of the cards. If any of them are in close to Gem Mint condition then you should consider getting them graded as even commons from that set in Gem Mint or better condition sell well.
The real questions here are:

1.) How did you come across the pack?

2.) How the (insert expletive here) did you hold off selling and/or busting it? I can't hold off busting 94-95 Collector's Choice packs and you held off busting a pack that could've had an MJ RC!

That is a level of self-restraint I can't even comprehend!
How did you store the pack to protect it from degrading the condition from all those years?

+1 on all of the above replies.
I'd love to bust 87 wax again... last time I opened a pack of that stuff was in 93. Cost me an arm & leg back then.. me being 13 at the time & saving my lunch money for weeks just to buy it.

you got scans of the cards? That worthy is worth some $$... if you think it would get a good grade... send it into BGS to get graded.. if it is mint, only downfall in regards to grading is card being off-centered or color fading around the edges.
well i had this pack and others for several years (maybe 4 yrs) I did have them sent in to be graded as a pack, but got returned ungraded (seal undetermined) Anyways i kept it in the plastic bag and kept in a safe. People kept telling me to open them up (even the RC Gretsky packs i have)-not done so yet. I was looking if they were worth to send into grade, as it cost $ to do it. Im not a basketball fan, so i could sell them on Ebay that way. I looked on Ebay, not as much as i would thoguht, unless they are pristine graded. If not, they may not fetch 50-100 i seen. I got a graded card book 2009. Bought a new one this year, not got yet.
received my new Beckett graded cards magazine.
I looked up the population report and i am excited to see there is no BGS 10's for the worthy and the #132 is not even listed. I know these should fetch a high grade, since i just opened the pack.
Defintly sending them to get graded.

QUESTION: i have sent cards in before and they want those supersaver card slips, I am skeptic about doing that. I wonder if they accept a hard plastic case, one that has a opening lid.
(01-22-2012, 11:15 AM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: [ -> ]received my new Beckett graded cards magazine.
I looked up the population report and i am excited to see there is no BGS 10's for the worthy and the #132 is not even listed. I know these should fetch a high grade, since i just opened the pack.
Defintly sending them to get graded.

QUESTION: i have sent cards in before and they want those supersaver card slips, I am skeptic about doing that. I wonder if they accept a hard plastic case, one that has a opening lid.
I haven't ever graded cards before, but for that year, cards right out of the pack didn't always mean a high grade, some of those cards were severally off centered. Sometimes dropping the grade to an 8.

If the pack came back from beckett, theres a chance it was a repackaged pack. Obviously people know what could be inside, so selling the pack by itself could be a loss of money. I find it hard to believe that there are alot of unopened, unsearched packs that are not graded out there. Just like the MJ rookie, there are ways to ell if the actual pack has been tampered with. It was easy to reseal those packs from back then. But you did well with the Worthy! And I agree that just because it came from a pack doesn't mean a high grade. If you send in the cards, do put them in top loaders, not just pennt sleeves.
Pages: 1 2