Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: So I was doing some math............
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me how many people it takes to keep stats for every NHL game? I am thinking it could be a ton or may be not so many, I am confused. I mean do they have 20+ people with stop watches just to clock every palyers ice time. Not to mention all the other things going on. I am guessing there must be some electronic magic as to limit how many it takes. Does anyone know this or have a friend who does do it. One of lifes mysteries......at least for me, ha ha.
If i had to guess:

1 for score sheet (G, A, P, PIM, ECT)
1-2 watching for shots
~4 watching the benches for TOI (two for each bench, 1 each focusing on forwards and Dmen)

so about 7-8 i would guess.
I think every arena has video goal judges as well as one behind each net, so there is 3 to 5 more people
Just think how many people file in and out of the times keeper box during intermissions. You always see about 4 or 5 guys.
4-5 down below in the pen box and a few upstairs as well.. and since the video reply is in T-dot that took away 1
For Islanders games, they don't need a scoresheet since they don't score goals! However, they do need 2 for the opponents scoresheet given how many goals they score, especially with DiPietro is in net, so it evens out.
The toughest part is the TOI. I bet they have a camera that just watches the bench and assign one guy for each team to do the TOI for each player.